Home

NCAA 13 is this a flaw?

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 is this a flaw? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 13 is this a flaw?

kid f s u......I think your time here is coming to an end....I won't quote you so you can delete your post....
Old 06-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
The heads were for the crowd cutscenes. People saw what they wanted to see in that webcast.
You keep saying that, but its not true...
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

wouldn't be surprising. I don't think the current on-the-field player models have an actual head, just a face inside a helmet. one reason the dreads that were added last year wasn't actually attached to the payers head(If I remember right, it's been a while). don't know if this still is the case, but I remember a few years back in this gen it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
You keep saying that, but its not true...
In the webcast Ben said you can edit using those head type in your RTG created players or edit your roster with it. I don't know why he keeps insisting that it's for the crowd. I think the reason why we have not seen it is because the roster is the last thing to get updated in the game. When the retail version drop I think we will see some of this heads and hair style

Old 06-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
Rookie

420 others's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It is a FOOTBALL game. Who cares what their faces look like while you are running a play. You aren't really going to be able to see faces during a play any way. I'd much prefer that the actual football aspects play better; not whether my long haired lineman has long hair all the time.
cool story bro.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #14
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
It is a FOOTBALL game. Who cares what their faces look like while you are running a play. You aren't really going to be able to see faces during a play any way. I'd much prefer that the actual football aspects play better; not whether my long haired lineman has long hair all the time.
This is the kind of self righteous post that are not needed on this site.

I am as big of a sim player as they come. I'm all about gameplay. Hair isn't the most important thing. And it's certainly not the biggest problem in the game.

BUT what is a problem is ea telling is they have put in hairstyles. And then them only doing it halfway. That is just ****ty. It really is. Just like 3d grass. "we added it. But you'll only see it during replay"

In the end, it's not about the hair. Or the grass. It's that EA keeps doing these types of things. Only doing something halfway. Or enough to get by.

And who are you to tell someone that what they want in the game isn't important? I'm sure there are people that really want their players in the game to look like they do in real life.

This thread wasn't started to talk about gameplay. There are already thounds of threads about that. I started this thread to expose this issue.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
This is the kind of self righteous post that are not needed on this site.

I am as big of a sim player as they come. I'm all about gameplay. Hair isn't the most important thing. And it's certainly not the biggest problem in the game.

BUT what is a problem is ea telling is they have put in hairstyles. And then them only doing it halfway. That is just ****ty. It really is. Just like 3d grass. "we added it. But you'll only see it during replay"

In the end, it's not about the hair. Or the grass. It's that EA keeps doing these types of things. Only doing something halfway. Or enough to get by.

And who are you to tell someone that what they want in the game isn't important? I'm sure there are people that really want their players in the game to look like they do in real life.

This thread wasn't started to talk about gameplay. There are already thounds of threads about that. I started this thread to expose this issue.
my only guess to why some things are left out during gameplay and shown during cutscences are that they are trying to maintain a steady 60 frames per second during gameplay. having that much more detail running at once will certainly slow that down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
my only guess to why some things are left out during gameplay and shown during cutscences are that they are trying to maintain a steady 60 frames per second during gameplay. having that much more detail running at once will certainly slow that down.
I see what ur saying but, madden have the same amount of things to animate on the field and they have the different hair and face also. I think they would be able to accomplish 60 frame per sec with ncaa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »