Home

Take EA's advice: don't buy NCAA 2013

This is a discussion on Take EA's advice: don't buy NCAA 2013 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Take EA's advice: don't buy NCAA 2013

If we believe the EA guys when they say "predetermined outcomes are a thing of the past," should we thus treat NCAA 13 as history, to be consigned to the dust pile of outdated technological relics?

Yes, methinks.

"I will play it for a month before Madden comes out!"
"A less buggy 2012! I'm good to go!"

Reminds me of Larkin:
"They **** you up, your mum and dad
They don't mean to but they do
They fill you up with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you"

Some old bugs will be gone. Many will not, as we saw from the gamplay vids. And 2013 will have its own special bugs.
They will not come as a tradeoff for the next paradigm of football gaming.

EA has told you the Gutenberg press was just invented.
It's also asking you to pay $60 for a bunch of quill pens and papyrus sheets.

I'm sure this will get locked, but what I'm saying is that EA is telling you that the old modes of football gaming are essentially a thing of the past.
Do you believe them?

Or are you content with ice-skating running backs and laughable big man interactions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Take EA's advice: don't buy NCAA 2013

I bet madden has more bugs than ncaa since this will be the first year with the engine. I hope I'm wrong but anytime we get something new we also get something bad.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm still buying both ..... Sounds 2 me ur tryin 2 tell ppl NOT 2 buy the game

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0

I almost feel sorry for those that are going to buy both... Personally I don't know how someone is going to be able to go back to the NCAA gameplay once they play Madden. They are going to feel so different...

It was a very good and greedy business tactic by EA as usual. They know some people will still buy both games regardless. EA will not care if people don't go back to NCAA, because they will have already bought the game from them.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
If we believe the EA guys when they say "predetermined outcomes are a thing of the past," should we thus treat NCAA 13 as history, to be consigned to the dust pile of outdated technological relics?

Yes, methinks.

"I will play it for a month before Madden comes out!"
"A less buggy 2012! I'm good to go!"

Reminds me of Larkin:
"They **** you up, your mum and dad
They don't mean to but they do
They fill you up with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you"

Some old bugs will be gone. Many will not, as we saw from the gamplay vids. And 2013 will have its own special bugs.
They will not come as a tradeoff for the next paradigm of football gaming.

EA has told you the Gutenberg press was just invented.
It's also asking you to pay $60 for a bunch of quill pens and papyrus sheets.

I'm sure this will get locked, but what I'm saying is that EA is telling you that the old modes of football gaming are essentially a thing of the past.
Do you believe them?

Or are you content with ice-skating running backs and laughable big man interactions?
Well I'm getting it for $45, so I'm good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
I almost feel sorry for those that are going to buy both... Personally I don't know how someone is going to be able to go back to the NCAA gameplay once they play Madden. They are going to feel so different...
That's been the case more often than not, and it's never diminished my enjoyment of the college came before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
It was a very good and greedy business tactic by EA as usual. They know some people will still buy both games regardless. EA will not care if people don't go back to NCAA, because they will have already bought the game from them.
Greed, or simple time constraints?

http://kotaku.com/5915444/the-real-t...ow-says-madden

"The elephant in the room is NCAA Football, which will get real-time physics next year, Weber said. It ships seven weeks before Madden does, and when the football group decided to go for it and bring physics to this year's game—Weber said he came into this year's game unsure if they would—it was too late to properly integrate with NCAA."
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't think it was a ploy at all by EA to have it in one but not the other. If you listen to the interviews, the physic engine barely made it into Madden. And Madden goes to the market a month and a half after NCAA.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's been the case more often than not, and it's never diminished my enjoyment of the college came before.

Greed, or simple time constraints?

http://kotaku.com/5915444/the-real-t...ow-says-madden

"The elephant in the room is NCAA Football, which will get real-time physics next year, Weber said. It ships seven weeks before Madden does, and when the football group decided to go for it and bring physics to this year's game—Weber said he came into this year's game unsure if they would—it was too late to properly integrate with NCAA."
Id be all for waiting to release NCAA til September then. Considering I can't really play it til September due to inevitable patch fixes, wouldn't have been a big loss IMO.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »