Home

NCAA 13 E3 Video: Everything that's in the Demo

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 E3 Video: Everything that's in the Demo within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
Banned

FyZix's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 13 E3 Video: Everything that's in the Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
Had Madden not announced RTP yesterday ... this announcement would have created a serious buzz.

Now? It almost feels like piling on since a lot of us were holding out hope that they were announcing gameplay/dynasty related. [keyword: Hope]
Yeah. They should've announced the demo first, then talked about Madden.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

i could have sworn this feature was in 05 with impact players.because i remember getting torched by Bush and Co. when the game would slow down.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #35
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRudy21
i could have sworn this feature was in 05 with impact players.because i remember getting torched by Bush and Co. when the game would slow down.
Yes, there was a 'version' of this in last gen's games, I've been playing NCAA 07 & 08 for Xbox lately and have seen a 'slow down' situation play out when someone is going up for a catch in traffic or a big sack is happening.

So 'bullet time' was already in last gen as was this year's other big addition (precision passing). There seems to be a lot of recycling of ideas from last gen in this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #36
Rookie

Reaction Time or Rewinds?
I can't decide which one is the stupidest addition to a game ever....

The Heisman Mode camera view is nearly identical to Madden NFL 11's zoomed camera....which is a good thing to me. (It might also be very similar to last year's Campus Legend, but I wouldn't know since I never tried that game mode last year.)

I think that truly the only thing that could save NCAA 13 would a massive post-release patch that applied the Infinity Engine to the game as a mid-year update around bowl week. (The Infinity Engine has been described as RTP layered over the existing animations of Madden - check out that video that shows the WR/DB interaction on a jump ball - so maybe, just maybe its Lloyd Christmas "there's a chance"? (I know....wishful thinking....sucks that NCAA is getting so shafted in the very same year that the game makers acknowledged the control scheme differences hurt the game versus Madden in past years....*sigh*)
Old 06-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #37
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

There are four 3 minute quarters for the dynasty games

Heisman mode has four 5 minute quarters
Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #38
Rookie

One thing I noticed in Alabama/LSU game. User calls a draw from a passing set and defense came out in a dime defense. In 12 they would have came out in a 4-3 or something ridiculous knowing it was a run.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Yes, there was a 'version' of this in last gen's games, I've been playing NCAA 07 & 08 for Xbox lately and have seen a 'slow down' situation play out when someone is going up for a catch in traffic or a big sack is happening.

So 'bullet time' was already in last gen as was this year's other big addition (precision passing). There seems to be a lot of recycling of ideas from last gen in this series.
Hmm. They must be doing surveys, and seeing some cycle of new gamers vs old gamers year to year. I guess they think not many people from 07/08 still play the game, so they bring this back as "new."
Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #40
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Ok I am lost what is this reaction time thing from the video.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »