Home

NCAA Football '13-Team Ratings

This is a discussion on NCAA Football '13-Team Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football '13-Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Last year, Virginia went 8-5, earned a trip to the Chik-Fil-A Bowl where we would lose to Auburn but hung with them pretty well (I was there in person), and beat Florida State in Tallahassee at night last year.

I'm not going to claim that my Cavaliers are world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but if you honestly think we wouldn't even have a puncher's chance against perennial SEC doormat six-win didn't-finish-with-a-winning-record Vanderbilt, you simply have no idea what you are talking about.
I agree, Virginia would beat Vandy. A lot of people are buying into what their asinine coach is spewing. Whoo hoo. Vandy won more than 5 games for only the 5th time in over 60 years. They still finished with a losing record and lost to a lackluster Tennessee team late in the season. Their biggest win was Wake Forrest who lost 5 of their last 6 games. C'mon, Vandy will start the season 1-6. I doubt they win 5 games. Heck, UMass might beat them.

Last edited by thehardknoxlife; 06-05-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinLaz95
1. steve edmond was one of the best ILB out of highschool and got significant playing time, he will only improve. we still have jordan hicks, that leaves 1 to replace
2. we have almost all db's returning besides gideon. we have byndom, diggs, and vaccaro, aswell as mykkele thompson, and other notable players
3. dont even get me started on the d-line
Edmond has 16 career tackles. I myself believe he will be great, but Robinson and Acho are 100+ tackle talents. Losing Gideon hurts as he was another leader of the defense, and if I'm not mistaken, was the one who called coverages for the secondary. The D-line will be nasty, but they do lose a two or three year starter type player in Randall. I'm not saying Texas doesn't have a top 10 defense, they just don't have the best defense, or even a top 3 defense. Especially when teams like LSU are better than Texas on every level of the defense.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #67
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not bashing Virginia, But I think 89 is just too high. Vanderbilt plays a little tougher schedule than the Hoos. Just saying, not trying to hate. The gap between those two teams is what struck me. 77 compared to 89. I think these teams should be rated similar. Both around 82-84 range IMO.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #68
Rookie

ghbucs1's Arena

OVR: 0

hey does anybody know who is in the top 25 for the game??
Old 06-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife
I agree, Virginia would beat Vandy. A lot of people are buying into what their asinine coach is spewing. Whoo hoo. Vandy won more than 5 games for only the 5th time in over 60 years. They still finished with a losing record and lost to a lackluster Tennessee team late in the season. Their biggest win was Wake Forrest who lost 5 of their last 6 games. C'mon, Vandy will start the season 1-6. I doubt they win 5 games. Heck, UMass might beat them.
at the same time vandy did give wake their worst loss of the season. vandy couldnt put it together to beat good teams, but they were really competitive with their worst loss being by 7 points over their final 8 games. while wake did lose 5 of their last 6 games, in the games preceding their vandy tilt they lost by 7 to notre dame, nearly upset clemson on the road before falling by 3, beat maryland by 21. the thing about this year's vandy team is they are losing their best players on defense. their offense has potential though if rodgers can become more consistent
Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife
I wonder what Vandy's record would have been in the water downed ACC instead of being in the SEC. I think they could have won 8 regular season games for sure since they won 6 playing in the SEC.

Vandy came up short in some key games last year but had shots to beat UGA, FL, Arkansas and UT...probably should have won 2/4 but Vandy has bad luck in the SEC at times in close games...I'm a UK fan so I can relate there.

Vandy/Virginia would be a close game either way. I agree with you on the schedule this year though, not a fan of it. OOC games @Wake and @NU? Stupid. Then they have the SEC schedule to worry about...they will be lucky to win 6 games again this year, better team, tougher schedule IMO.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #71
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghbucs1
hey does anybody know who is in the top 25 for the game??
YES!!! The top 25 would be sweeeet!!! Thanks to any insiders we got
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
Looks like we've got our work cut out for us. Holy schnikees.

Texas 99 OVR- hasn't decided on a starting QB on a team that struggled on Offense all season.
Clemson 97 OVR- Gave up 70pts in a BCS game.
Fresno St. 89 OVR- Really??
Nebraska 91 OFF- Taylor Martinez throws like Terrelle Pryor with a broken arm.
Ohio State 89 OFF- Waaayyy too high. No proven Wr's. Unproven O-Line. Should be a good team, but lack playmakers on O.
Notre Dame 97 OVR- Obviously they haven't made the fumble/ carry rating matter. ****. ND is at best a 7-8 win team this season. Brutal schedule.
Oregon 99 OVR- the worst part is the D is rater higher than the O. C'mon man.
Pittsburgh 89 OFF/ 76 D- If you watch Pitt, Tino Sunseri is what holds them back, the defense carries that team. Backwards rating.
Purdue 87 OVR- only B1G teams worse are IU, and Minnesota. Enough said.
Tulsa 91 OVR- Ridiculous, they lose QB Kinne. How can they be that good?
Utah 95OVR- we all know this is too high. Nothing against the Utes.
Vanderbilt 77 OVR- they are much better than this, See the team below to understand why.
Viginia 89 OVR- read above post. Not sure this team could beat Vandy.
West Virginia 76 DEF- Way too low. At least an 84 on talent alone.
Wisconsin 99 OVR- Again, they lose their QB, top WR and their defense isn't a top unit..... HOW??
Yeah, my eyes about bugged out of my head with some of these ratings. Texas, Wisconsin, Oregon, etc, stood out. How those teams are 99s yet Bama is not baffles me...it also baffles me that there are like 5 99 rated teams in LSU, USC (both are ok), then Texas, Wisconsin and Oregon as well...not to mention all the other 90s rated teams and high 80s teams.

On a personal note, I also love how my Kentucky Wildcats dropped to a 2 prestige (which is ok) yet mighty Louisville stays a 3....right, give me a break there. Come on EA. Both should be 2's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »