Home

NCAA 13 Player Ratings Video

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Player Ratings Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #49
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
their*

Also, who cares? I said I thought he deserved an 86. An 84 is essentially the exact same. The difference is so negligible.

Besides, nobody should really read that much into EA's ratings. I'm pretty sure they rated Jonathan Hankins as an 87 overall and he's projected as a top-10 pick. And I'm also pretty sure that they rated Clemson's defense higher than West Virginia's offense.
Awwwwww lol

You said EA inflates ratings and he would be at least a 86 all of you were on my case to. I have to admit I've had a good day today

Don't worry though you can still edit him

Last edited by 1GATOR FAN; 06-06-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #50
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 13 Player Ratings Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Another year of Taylor Martinez in the low 80's speed = another year of rarely using Nebraska in online lobby games. Seriously, he is FAST. He couldn't throw a football into the ocean from a boat, but the guy runs like the wind and his breakaway speed at the QB position is matched only by a few quarterbacks in college football. There is no world in which Colin Klein is faster than Taylor Martinez, except EA's world. Running spread option with a 84 rated QB is a pretty tough proposition and with Taylor Martinez's lack of throwing ability, it's tough to use them except in a power rushing attack.

The rest looks fine. Didn't investigate it with too much detail. Did notice Aaron Green is still a Husker, despite leaving the program a month ago. Probably still there because his transfer to TCU wasn't made official until this week.
Klein has some decent speed, but he's nowhere near Martinez. Martinez runs a legit 4.5-low or 4.4 high.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #51
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Awwwwww lol

You said EA inflates ratings and he would be at least a 86 all of you were on my case to. I have to admit I've had a good day today
I said that if I was rating him, he'd be in the mid-to-high 80's. EA put him in the mid-80's. I never said that EA inflates ratings. And we weren't on your case that bad, you just wouldn't let it go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #52
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

As for the ratings, they are no different than they are every year. A lot of players are overrated and a lot of players are underrated.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 06-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #53
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
I said that if I was rating him, he'd be in the mid-to-high 80's. EA put him in the mid-80's. I never said that EA inflates ratings. And we weren't on your case that bad, you just wouldn't let it go.
Ya it was all me... I know one of you said it would be a 86 or higher for sure but idk who it was

85+ would be mid 80's
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #54
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Klein has some decent speed, but he's nowhere near Martinez. Martinez runs a legit 4.5-low or 4.4 high.
Exactly. Klein is a GREAT runner, but more because of vision and pure power and instinct. I hate calling him Tim Tebow's right handed twin, but from a running perspective, they are similar. Not fast but damn good at it. I love guys like that and I do believe Klein at 86 speed is fair.

Taylor Martinez is just pure athleticism. Doesn't have great instincts, doesn't really protect the football, doesn't have the best vision and won't run over anything but his agility and speed are elite for that position. I think most roster edits had him around 90 speed last year which I thought was more than fair. Made it clear his speed was elite but also made sure a guy like Denard Robinson was clearly the best.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #55
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Don't worry though you can still edit him
No arguments here. I think that Hankins, Roby and Simon are grossly underrated by EA. Urban made Simon sit out for much of the spring scrimmages because he was too dominant, constantly beating double teams, and they couldn't run the offense. EA gave him a 79 strength rating.

But yeah, I'll probably make Braxton about an 88. I think he'll be a monster in this offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #56
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
No arguments here. I think that Hankins, Roby and Simon are grossly underrated by EA. Urban made Simon sit out for much of the spring scrimmages because he was too dominant, constantly beating double teams, and they couldn't run the offense. EA gave him a 79 strength rating.

But yeah, I'll probably make Braxton about an 88. I think he'll be a monster in this offense.
I wonder if strength rating even matters in this game though?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »