Home

why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

This is a discussion on why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

EA Sports games always look better on 360. It was a trade Microsoft made with Sony in exchange for MLB The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #26
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Sigh.

It is not resolution, black levels or any user setting that is causing the problems. It is simply bad. The dozens of people that have mentioned the PS3 graphics in this and any number of other threads aren't seeing poor graphics because our settings are wrong.

I'm certain it is because it is a month old build of the game, but it is also very troubling seeing some of the problems. The 3D grass in replay is not rendered at all, I'd guess it was sacrificed to keep the demo smaller. There is a ton of flickering in the stands during camera movement. Lighting and colors just seem off, this has been a problem for a while. The worst thing to me is the constant sway of the HORRIBLY rendered band, especially at USC where the band is in the endzone.

I can't compare it to a 360, but I can compare it in NCAA12 and it is the same if not worse in the '13 Demo. Again, it is a demo, so we'll see but please don't patronize us and tell us it is our settings when it very clearly is not.
Then why does it look very similar when I play on my 360 or PS3? Maybe I don't wanna complain about everything though?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Demo builds of 360 are almost always more optimized/ahead of ps3 versions. Expect the 360 retail to be slightly sharper than ps3 with the ps3 version looking way better than its own demo.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #28
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
Then why does it look very similar when I play on my 360 or PS3? Maybe I don't wanna complain about everything though?
Just to clarify, what are you comparing? 360 demo to PS3 demo? 12 to 13?

As I said in my post, I am not comparing 360 to PS3. Don't have a 360, never wanted a 360 and have no way of comparing the two. But I can compare NCAA to all of its previous versions.

There is just a non-polished feel to the Demo on PS3. 3D grass was not rendered at all in replays (I'll try and get a picture later), there is significant choppiness and lag when breaking the huddle, there is flickering and lighting consistency issues in a few of the stadiums and colors continue to be washed out.

As I've said in my demo impressions post, I do believe a lot of it was cut back to save space on the demo itself. PS3 demos especially tend to make that sacrifice, but it looks very bad.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
People over exaggerate a lot.. saying "insanely" better is so false it is not even funny. Guys with graphic problems on PS3, adjust your resolution, mess with the black levels and other detail settings, and it will look the same.. The game is not smoother on the 360 either, do not understand where that is coming from.
I am a 29 year old adult, and I have all my settings correct. I have no reason to lie about this. I may in fact still be getting it on both systems in order to be able to play with all my buddies, but I am still saddened that the difference I see is so large.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 8

I have a 62" Sony LCD 1080p that's just about a year old and the 360 compared to PS3 is night and day IMO. I hate it when people say there is no different and people are exaggerating or you need to adjust your tv when I can see it with my own eyes that the 360 looks decent while the PS3 looks like trash.

I'm honestly not all that impressed with the gameplay graphics on the 360, but at least it doesn't have ridiculous jaggies like the PS3.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #31
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I have a 62" Sony LCD 1080p that's just about a year old and the 360 compared to PS3 is night and day IMO. I hate it when people say there is no different and people are exaggerating or you need to adjust your tv when I can see it with my own eyes that the 360 looks decent while the PS3 looks like trash.

I'm honestly not all that impressed with the gameplay graphics on the 360, but at least it doesn't have ridiculous jaggies like the PS3.
Well buddy, like I said, I don't complain over every little detail like most do. Maybe that is why I am enjoying it, this thread is getting ridiculous and just needs to be closed. Everyone is gonna feel different. You say it sucks, I say you are wrong. Goes nowhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #32
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Well buddy, like I said, I don't complain over every little detail like most do. Maybe that is why I am enjoying it, this thread is getting ridiculous and just needs to be closed. Everyone is gonna feel different. You say it sucks, I say you are wrong. Goes nowhere.
This thread is only ridiculous because you're here extending the argument. You don't agree, good for you, obviously a lot of us do and we're trying to compare notes. So maybe if you don't mind we'll do that and you can go back to enjoying your experience.

Those of us that are having some serious graphics issues, and there are obviously very many of us, would like to be able to discuss that and maybe try and iron it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »