Home

why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

This is a discussion on why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #57
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerdivine
oh my goodness are you that stubborn dude? You do know that in NCAA 2013 demo we can't press start and then go into a replay. Please tell me you know this? Stop being a troll please.
You were a lot funnier the last time you were on these boards and got banned. Only a matter of time until that happens again.

Are you now arguing that the replays shown in cut scenes are different than the replays shown in NCAA gameplay? They are the same replay system and the demo most assuredly has replays.

This is a cutscene replay from NCAA 12, complete with 3D grass:

Old 06-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #58
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
You were a lot funnier the last time you were on these boards and got banned. Only a matter of time until that happens again.

Are you now arguing that the replays shown in cut scenes are different than the replays shown in NCAA gameplay? They are the same replay system and the demo most assuredly has replays.

This is a cutscene replay from NCAA 12, complete with 3D grass:

iPhone pic makes it look terrible haha, but I see what you are saying, but idk if I am not paying much detail, but I swear during replay, I see the grass I seen in that screen. Oh well. Discussion is not going anywhere now lol.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #59
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Just to summarize my feelings on this subject and I think the feelings of most here. There is no doubt that the size requirements of the demo required making some cuts to the game and most of those cuts appear to have come in the more memory intensive areas of the graphics.

Things like 3D grass aren't rendered, there seems to be a layer of polish off the game because of jagged edges, flickers and just general slowdown, frame rate problems and lag breaking the huddle. Smaller things like the QB lining up offset are bothersome but not a problem. For the most part, I'll attribute almost all of this to it being a month old demo build.

However, my fear is that a lot of these things will have taken a second stage to the new stuff like motion blur which was horribly over done. The demo made it clear that some sacrifices had to be made to get motion blur in the demo. If I remember correctly, 3D grass was the featured graphical improvement in NCAA 12's demo.

The slowdown, frame rate issues and lag were a small problem in NCAA 12 and seem to be more significant in the demo build. Whether it's because it is a demo build or because they have become more significant problem will be determined a month from now.

So I guess all we can do is wait. Maybe we'll get a full game video from EA one of these days with the "final" build.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #60
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
iPhone pic makes it look terrible haha, but I see what you are saying, but idk if I am not paying much detail, but I swear during replay, I see the grass I seen in that screen. Oh well. Discussion is not going anywhere now lol.
Haha this picture of NCAA 12 was from a HD YouTube video but I couldn't get it to pause with all the players stopped before the replay scene left. That's basically what NCAA 12 with motion blur would be though lol.

Once we get into a full retail version, these small things (if they even exist) won't even be that big of a deal. There will be more gameplay and less time agonize over details. But in the demo, one of my very first observations was that a lot of those details were incomplete.

I'm hoping its just that things had to be sacrificed to keep the demo size down and they took it out of graphics so they could feature gameplay.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #61
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I feel ya, I guess I never payed attention to the grass that much! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #62
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Just like last year, and the year before, and the year before, the demos are compressed on PS3 and always look worse than retail. I owned both versions last year, and they looked the same.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #63
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Just like last year, and the year before, and the year before, the demos are compressed on PS3 and always look worse than retail. I owned both versions last year, and they looked the same.
This is the most helpful post I've seen yet regarding this issue. Key phrase:

Quote:
"the demos are compressed on PS3 and always look worse than retail."
Didn't know the PS3 used a special compression for the demos. It makes perfect sense though. Hopefully you're spot on!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
This is the most helpful post I've seen yet regarding this issue. Key phrase:

Didn't know the PS3 used a special compression for the demos. It makes perfect sense though. Hopefully you're spot on!
Negative from my experience.....the demo last year for PS3 looked exactly like retail and it wasn't pretty. The Jaggies were so bad that it really bothered me a lot until I just started focusing all my hate on the blurred text in the roster screen that someone thought was a great idea...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »