Home

Why is No RTP a Big Deal? (And 1 other Thing)

This is a discussion on Why is No RTP a Big Deal? (And 1 other Thing) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Why is No RTP a Big Deal? (And 1 other Thing)

These are both serious questions.

Throughout this past year or so, the Devs never once hinted at or implied RTP would be in the game. From the videos we'd seen, it was obvious it would not be. And yet, many people pre-ordered, satisfied that they'd get their moneys worth for $45 (Well, 46.98 with Release day shipping). But when the Devs clarify and say, "No, we didn't add RTP," people canceled their pre-orders. Why? When you pre-ordered it, you weren't expecting RTP, so why cancel just because the Devs clarified it wasn't in? Plus, what are the odds RTP is bug free in their first year of using it?

Also, people keep saying the game feels like 12, with some changes. I really don't get that at all. It's going to feel like 12, they're both college football games after all. Besides a few minor rule changes, Football doesn't change year to year. EA clearly made several changes, like Motion Blur, New Passing System, Catch Animations, Studio Updates, Score Ticker, etc. They even added in a new Game Mode 12 did not have, which was honestly pretty cool, IMO. That makes the game feel very different to me. So my question is what changes would need to be made to make the game feel completely different from 12?

Thanks! Sorry if I sounded rude or anything, just curious!
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Banned

rerdivine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is No RTP a Big Deal? (And 1 other Thing)

13 feels way different than 12 from playing the demo, and that's not including dynasty!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerdivine
13 feels way different than 12 from playing the demo, and that's not including dynasty!!!
I feel that way too. Many people don't, and I was curious what changes would make them feel different.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

To some people it's like your twin brother getting a Ferrari and you getting a Volkswagen.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Banned

rerdivine's Arena

OVR: 0

New catching animations.
Juke move.
Receivers looking for the ball when they break there route.
Crowd starts going nuts when you intercept a ball and return it for a td or when you open field with a hb.
CB/WR fight for the ball pretty cool imo.
They show more sideline stuff like when someone picks the ball off everyone goes and gives him a pat or something.
there are just a lot of things from 12 to 13 that are different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

The reason I chose to cancel my NCAA preorder and to preorder Madden is because I feel I probably won't get even $45 worth of fun gameplay out of NCAA. I think that once Madden comes out, I will not want to play NCAA due to the inferior collision system. $45 is not worth one month of gameplay to me.

Honestly, if Madden hadn't announced RTP, I would've kept my NCAA preorder and never have even given thought to buying Madden.

EDIT: Also, it's not like Madden is trading all of the other improvements to include RTP. They're still including all of the gameplay enhancements made to NCAA, but with the addition of an improved collision system.

EDIT2: To summarize: I wasn't expecting NCAA to have RTP, but since Madden DOES have it now, I don't feel like spending $45 on NCAA.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 06-08-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also - a lot of the excitement from RTP has become muted for many by 2 things:
1. The ncaa demo playing way better than expected.
2. Madden seemingly not having any editing capabilities in ccm and potentially AT ALL...(unconfirmed).
Old 06-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm with you TDenver, I don't get it...people were really satisfied with what we've seen of the product, knowing full well that we wouldn't be getting RTP in NCAA this year and decided to preorder in spite of that. What's different now? I'm sorry but if you weren't expecting to have RTP and now you don't, how is that a disappointment?

Don't get me wrong, RTP is important and I'd love to have it...but I already assumed we wouldn't have it, so I'm not disappointed finding out what I already expected.

And as to the people who think the games feel the same, I don't get that criticism either. I've been playing around with the demo and I've noticed a difference between 12 and 13's gameplay...plus all the other features they've added for my main concern (dynasty mode) which will really set them apart. The passing game feels much better and the zig-zagging doesn't seem as prevalent in the 10 or so games I've played on the demo.

Honestly, I credit it to Overreaction Sports at its finest, I mean it is that time of year and there's an opportunity for people to bash EA...I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »