Home

Player rating changes

This is a discussion on Player rating changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #65
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player rating changes

Summary of this thread: there is someone on the team that I cheer for that is underrated in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #66
Rookie

They Call Me Cash's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Summary of this thread: there is someone on the team that I cheer for that is underrated in this game.
haha! you have to admit tho the ratings are terrible. How is Jarvis Jones only a 90?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #67
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Cash
haha! you have to admit tho the ratings are terrible. How is Jarvis Jones only a 90?
"only a 90" ... A 90 is a very good rating.

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

EA needs to higher somebody to do all of their player ratings and if they have already done that they need to fire the guy thats doing them. I'm sure its like this with a lot of teams out there but me being and Ok State fan i'll give you my 2 cents.

First off, the fastest guy on our team is Justin Gilbert CB #4. He ran a 4.24 in the spring his speed rating on the roster leaks was an 89...seriously? An 89?! He is also supposed to be one of the top corners taken in the draft. Higher than Brodrick Brown who is rated WAY higher on EA's roster. Secondly, our best linebacker for the last 2 years has been Shaun Lewis LB #11. EA has him as the third best. They also still have Clint Chelf QB #10 starting at QB when OSU made the announcement months ago that we would Start Freshman Wes Lunt QB #11 at QB.

Hire somebody to do that full time. Make sure the damn rosters are right!!! DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!!

Last edited by heismanu; 06-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #69
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by heismanu
EA needs to higher somebody to do all of their player ratings and if they have already done that they need to fire the guy thats doing them. I'm sure its like this with a lot of teams out there but me being and Ok State fan i'll give you my 2 cents.
First and foremost, EA can not make rosters accurate due to the lawsuits about player likeness. It is this way and will continue to be this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heismanu
First off, the fastest guy on our team is Justin Gilbert CB #4. He ran a 4.24 in the spring.
Second, NEVER go off a 40 time ran in Spring Ball. They are NEVER correct. It is just padded information supplied by the school. Heck in high school I was listed as a 5'10 PG, when in reality I was 5'7" at that time.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #70
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
First and foremost, EA can not make rosters accurate due to the lawsuits about player likeness. It is this way and will continue to be this way.

This is not a valid argument. If this were the case, we'd have completely randomized rosters. The screw ups that EA has when making the rosters is just due to laziness and lack of knowledge
Old 06-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis45
"only a 90" ... A 90 is a very good rating.
That's the way it is on here TDavis45....

A 90 overall is like a 80 to some of these guys because EA has set the bar at 99 for good players.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
This is not a valid argument. If this were the case, we'd have completely randomized rosters. The screw ups that EA has when making the rosters is just due to laziness and lack of knowledge
actually they just recyle the ratings....

I can show you QB's, RB's and WR's that were previously at most of these major schools from back in NCAA 07 and EA uses basically the same exact ratings on the current players each succeding year.

So technically the ratings are randomized to a certain extent.....how else do you explain 180 lb RB's with 90 break tackle and 80 strength ratings?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »