Home

My one glaring weakness for NCAA '13

This is a discussion on My one glaring weakness for NCAA '13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: My one glaring weakness for NCAA '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushNstien
when its on a lower difficulty level, isnt the kicking meter slower? Thats probably why its easy to get full power, I agree with you also, but sliders can fix that
It's a consistent problem every year with the game regardless of what level you play on out of the box.

They need to include some of kind of SIM mode settings IMO. The Logic for gameplay out of the box is basically the same flaws we see every year until sliders are changed by the USER.

I have no problem changing sliders but EA should use their game/engine/code to assign some kind of level they configured to be SIM out of the box.

Other Sports games have started to do this and in NCAA and Madden they just both give you default 50 settings every year knowing full well the games never play remotely close to realistic with it.

Kickers connected on 55 yard FG's with ease and QB's never having a single off target throw all game....it gets annoying year after year when you just want to pick up the game and play without having to make drastic changes.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Rookie

Colonel Reb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
if we're kicking off from the 35 in the demo that means they moved it up 5 yards in the game
This is right. Kickoffs are from the 35-yard line this year. They were moved up from the 30 last year.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0

It seems like kickoffs and punts are given the least attention when it comes to gameplay modeling. Especially in college football, kickoffs and punts make for some of the most exciting, game-braking plays. There is no reason why a NCAA player should expect the same outcome on every kick or punt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Nobody in the right mind kicks the ball through the endzone on EVERY kickoff. Whenever I use USC, Baylor, or Alabama, my kicker kicks the ball through the endzone everytime. I never get to play as a gunner or such. Surely these teams kickers aren't the top in the country. Any insight?
It sounds like your issue is when you are kicking off correct? Well you have control over the distance. If you can't take a little off the power, then move the height slightly higher and kick it full power and find how much to adjust so that the receiving team catches the ball on the goal line.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
Rookie

newbsrus22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's a consistent problem every year with the game regardless of what level you play on out of the box.

They need to include some of kind of SIM mode settings IMO. The Logic for gameplay out of the box is basically the same flaws we see every year until sliders are changed by the USER.

I have no problem changing sliders but EA should use their game/engine/code to assign some kind of level they configured to be SIM out of the box.

Other Sports games have started to do this and in NCAA and Madden they just both give you default 50 settings every year knowing full well the games never play remotely close to realistic with it.

Kickers connected on 55 yard FG's with ease and QB's never having a single off target throw all game....it gets annoying year after year when you just want to pick up the game and play without having to make drastic changes.
Well on heisman try playing with a bad school. My QB at Bowling Green couldn't throw the ball accurately more than 10 yards.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #14
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Does anyone know if we will be able to use custom sliders in an online dynasty?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #15
Rookie

newbsrus22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Does anyone know if we will be able to use custom sliders in an online dynasty?
We've always been able to. It's just the commish has to set them up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
MVP

This is actually pretty accurate for what you'll see in games this year. With knockoffs being from the 35 it'll be easy for most decent kickers to get a touchback, and returners will be more willing to take the touchback since it'll come out to the 25 instead of the 20.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »