Home

NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

Well Madden just dropped the ultimate bomb of no player editing at all so scripted studio updates or not I'm all in for NCAA this year
Old 06-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #34
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
All-

As was confirmed multiple times last week--the frequency of the Studio Updates is based on the quarter length of the demo. You will see them less frequent in 5+ minute quarters.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 29

Bumble14 is there any chance we could get a look at those 8 new HS stadiums? would love to check them out. if not no big deal just wondering. I think the game looks great by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #36
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
All-

As was confirmed multiple times last week--the frequency of the Studio Updates is based on the quarter length of the demo. You will see them less frequent in 5+ minute quarters.

Thanks.
Thanks for mentioning this. I posted the tweet about this that the NCAA Football account sent out earlier today a page ago on this very thread, but apparently not many people read every post.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
Rookie

SOBAY310's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusone
I have a 50 inch Sony rear projection tv and the ticker is cut off a little on the bottom also, the XBOX and TV is set at 1080I, setting XBox and TV to 720P makes no difference, still cut off on the bottom.
Well, perhaps they are just trying to phase out us DLP owners.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2
You guys are the reason ea will never put out a more than par NCAA football game! This game is the exact SAME GAME as last year...with a few tweaks here and there.....I'm not getting sucked in this year like I do every other year....definitely not buying this game...I'll wait on madden...#fml
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #39
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the biggest factor in determining who likes the demo and who doesn't completely depends on how each individual plays the game. Insert insult about how "so and so" knows nothing about REAL football and "you know who" is a cheeser. To each his own man. I'm guessing the game updates are planned for cetain moments of the game (after a kick off, just before the quarter ends, after a turnover, ect....) The dudes that play 3 minute quarters and hurry up all game will more than likely get bombed with way more updates than seems reasonable than the guy (like me) that plays slow and anywhere from 8-10 minute quarters. I'm no master nor do I care to be but I've played some of the guys online that run their 5 money plays over and over and I've beat some and lost to some. I think those same guys ultimate goal is to find ways to exploit every little flaw with the AI and then diss the game devs for making it unrealistic. If your goal is to find flaws you will certainly be able to (with any game). The improvements to pass trajectory will make the way I like to play 100 times better. I also loved that the pressure was coming from blitzers or DE's not just DT's. I loved that playaction works like it's suppose to. Sometimes in REAL life the QB fakes the handoff and then gets plastered but not every time. I loved the bubble screens, WR screens, Read option. And I don't have any idea how people complain about the OL/DL interactions? I thought they have been pretty good for the last couple NCAA's but I'm sure that's because I know nothing about REAL football. I've chewed my guys out for missing a block but what's not real about a big, dumb O lineman blocking the wrong guy on occasion? It seems like some guys get mad because a cetain thing doesn't ALWAYS work on the game. What in football ALWAYS goes just like the coach drew it up? I will be buying this and I'm not dumb enough to think the devs read these posts (especially with all the negativity) but if for some reason they happen to see this PLEASE don't make a patch for the minority just because they cry louder than the majority!! If there is a problem sure but please don't bring back psychic DB's because a few guys can throw curls too easy on default varsity level.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #40
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
I think you guys may think the updates are annoying because it's only 3 minute quarters and they wanted to show off the new feature. In a standard 5 min game I think/hope they will be tuned down. I was impressed with the demo. I don't know what the first guy is talking about the first game I played with Bama and LSU was very good defensively. And let's face it, those weren't last year's defenses on the field. Both teams lost a lot. MY observations

- The passing is a huge upgrade
- Actually being able to throw screen passes is huge too.
- Read and react defense has potential, I don't know how far into the process the demo is
- The WR "looking" for the ball makes a very realistic difference
- Some of the new catch animations might get out of control.
- I don't know if anyone else did, but I was able to bull and speed rush, and set up my guy to do so. So I was mainly using a speed rush with the LE and then on the next series the lineman took a step out to stop the speed rush and I bulled him over and got my first sack. It was beautiful

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »