Home

NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #41
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

I almost feel like I'm playing a different demo than these guys in regards to presentation. I'm getting one, MAYBE two studio updates per quarter, and they're always very simple and to the point, no crazy, overly cheesy and repeated lines. Hell, I just played a game before working out and I got four studio updates TOTAL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #42
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
the more i play the demo the more frustrated i get. Even the demo doesn't feel like a big difference than NCAA 12. Are some things fixed like pass trajectories and super LBs but the game for the most part is the same. Even the freaking awful menu music is the same. It's all presented the same (other than awfully done in studio updates). We still have long and boring team intros that always look the same, one camera angle, awful replay angles.

I just know that this game will be boring within a month of playing it just like NCAA 12. It doesn't feel good enough to have a strong replay factor other than just needing to play a college football game during college football season.

It really frustrates me when they add these new modes year after year and never do anything to improve them like they did with Stadium Sounds, Teambuilder and last year Coaching Carousel. Instead they add this bullet speed thing that is so cheesy its laughable.

Sure it's not horrible but we seem to lower the bar when we give a game like this praise because it's really a below average game considering what NCAA 12 was and the lack of a major upgrade from that.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 11

Im sure thus wont be in the final build, but i noticed an annoying bug.

System: ps3
On defense, while playing man, if you coverage audible to base align, all 11 players on defense will run commit. Hope they noticed this, other than that, i think the demo is very promising reflection of the final product
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #44
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
Im sure thus wont be in the final build, but i noticed an annoying bug.

System: ps3
On defense, while playing man, if you coverage audible to base align, all 11 players on defense will run commit. Hope they noticed this, other than that, i think the demo is very promising reflection of the final product
no but i did notice that if you have a Hail Mary called and the defense is in a prevent or something where they have their DBs lined up deep, all you have to do is slip the play and the defense comes up real tight and never changes which allows those 3 RBs to run deep with basically 1 DB covering all 3.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hold on fellas!

One guy hates, one guy likes it, one guy is 50-50 on it? Way to commit to an impression. I love the site and the writing, but this split decision is as good ( and credible) as Pacqiou-Bradley.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #46
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg
Hold on fellas!

One guy hates, one guy likes it, one guy is 50-50 on it? Way to commit to an impression. I love the site and the writing, but this split decision is as good ( and credible) as Pacqiou-Bradley.
Why would three different people, in an opinionated roundtable, all be expected to have a unified decision about how they feel about the demo? Do you even know what a roundtable is? These are three people's impressions, of course they're going to vary
Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #47
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
I want t see the Broadcast camera added to this game. I just do not see why this can't be done. The last time that camera angle was in the game ,was back in Ncaa 06....... the last year I truly enjoyed this game.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 13
Playing the game did give me a sense of content with some of the subtle improvements, but who is seriously going to continue playing once Madden ships? Madden is supposed to have the improvements to passing and play action as well as their more revolutionary steps this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »