Home

NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't see how you can think the updates are minor. They sound minor, but completely change the every down gameplay for the better.

-No more super LBs.
-Amazing new pass system.
-Catching feels brand new.
-DB's react more realistic.

Graphics are basically same, but come on. This is the most refined, polished football game in almost 10 years. Madden will be a beta this year fellas from what I'm hearing. I didn't want a brand new game filled with bugs and glitches... I wanted a very good game perfected. If you think getting rid of a terrible, cheesy passing system is a minor improvement. Wow. It to me is a monster, badly needed innovation. The game's animations look amazing and continue to surprise.

It's not reinventing the wheel, it's just perfected it. Beware beta buyers of Madden, you heard it here.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggler360
I don't see how you can think the updates are minor. They sound minor, but completely change the every down gameplay for the better.

-No more super LBs.

Graphics are basically same, but come on. This is the most refined, polished football game in almost 10 years. Madden will be a beta this year fellas from what I'm hearing. I didn't want a brand new game filled with bugs and glitches... I wanted a very good game perfected. If you think getting rid of a terrible, cheesy passing system is a minor improvement. Wow. It to me is a monster, badly needed innovation. The game's animations look amazing and continue to surprise.

It's not reinventing the wheel, it's just perfected it. Beware beta buyers of Madden, you heard it here.
Honestly if truth to be told some of those things could actually be fixed in NCAA 12 and should have been fixed in NCAA 12 if EA had just released a patch to do it.

Super leaping LB's only required a fix to the Jumping ratings but EA wanted it to waite for NCAA 13 to make it appear as if this is the 1st time ever you won't see it happening.

DB's Play Recognition and Awareness ratings have always been there for us to modify and make them play the ball more realistic in the air.....

This is something else EA could have fixed with a patch last year but waited til this year in order to get the dough from us again.

Player movement on the field has a lot to do with agility and speed ratings and to be honest if someone truly wanted to get some of the things they will get out of NCAA 13 incorporated into NCAA 12 they could actually pull it off if they are willing to spend time putting in work on their own.

Now of course with the broken tendencies in NCAA 12 you do still have some drawbacks as it appears EA might have fixed that issue in NCAA 13.

I can assure you just based on experience from tweaking their game over the years NCAA 13 is really just the patch we wanted for NCAA 12 we are simply just getting it one year later.

If you don't care about studio updates and a few added WR catch animations can you seriously tell me the two games are that much different?

Now i'll be getting 13 mainly because i only spent most of my time playing in Coach Mode for NCAA 12 (was too lazy to edit last years game) but I'm not expecting something ground breaking and i can understand why some people may not even purchase NCAA 13 at all and just stick with NCAA 12 for another year.

I'm one of EA's biggest fanboy's when it comes to their sports games but i've realized over the years a lot of the stuff they promote as new or improved really isn't new and improved at all we just didn't see it from the previous year. But it was always possible to see the same things like non-super man LB's if we truly wanted to see it or guys not dunking from the FT line (Rocket Dunks).

Look at their NHL Series i stopped playing it because really it's just the same game year after year with minor tweaks to it....

NCAA Football is a game that continues to have minor tweaks to it and some guys just see what they want to see while EA does their brilliant marketing job to promote something that you should have been in their game 4-5 years ago.

I know i sound very negative towards them but if we are true to ourselves this is just really a updated NCAA 12 in so many ways....nothing wrong with that because football doesn't envolve every year in real life either. But at this point and stage of the NCAA series I just feel like gameplay, animations and announcing should be things new and fresh.

Things like Passing Trajectories, Non Super Leaping LB's, Studio Updates, Heisman Players and what ever else they want to promote this year shouldv'e been in the game back in 08, 09, 10, 11 and 12.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 06-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Yeah, the CPU AI is atrocious. I've played through the demo about six times, and I haven't been scored on yet, not even a field goal or safety. I will say it's the one area of the game that has regressed from last year.
It's on varsity. I think if it was on AA or heisman you would have been scored upon
Old 06-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'll still buy it, cause they way it looks, and playing it, feels like a you're in the game. I just think the heisman challenge is overrated, and pointless to me. The game updates, and bottom line is perfect, cause it'll keep me updated, and know if the team is losing so I can come in first in the conference. So this is a must buy!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #61
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggler360

-No more super LBs.

you put someone who has never played NCAA 12 or the 13 demo in a room and have them watch a game of each and the only way they'd be able to tell you it was a different game is the studio updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #62
Rookie

micksharp's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
you put someone who has never played NCAA 12 or the 13 demo in a room and have them watch a game of each and the only way they'd be able to tell you it was a different game is the studio updates.
Only if they're completely blind. I agree that they should have done more but that statement is just plain not true at all.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #63
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksharp
Only if they're completely blind. I agree that they should have done more but that statement is just plain not true at all.
Keep in mind, he said watch. The game on the field feels very new, more fluid and simply different. No doubt about that. But if you ran a blind test asking someone to watch a video from this year and last, there simply aren't any significant audio or visual clues to tip you one way or the other.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #64
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

If by fluid you guys mean sped up then I will agree. I feel like they sped up the animations to mask some of the inconsistencies with animations that have complex branch sequences, especially by the sideline.

Has anyone noticed how twitchy the players get by the sideline? Zig-Zag running is already pretty bad but when you cut in from the sideline the players do it at hyperspeed.

There are a lot of minor improvements that I see but I still feel like DT's are way too overpowered. They accelerate and close down on the ball much too quickly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »