Home

Will you schedule rivalries broken up by conference realignment?

This is a discussion on Will you schedule rivalries broken up by conference realignment? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
I'm curious what other users who will be doing Dynasty with schools that have lost longstanding rivalries (for now) will do when scheduling OOC games. For instance, will anyone using kansas schedule Mizzou? Will TAMU users schedule Texas?

I plan on scheduling kansas every year if and when I play as Mizzou, and I might also schedule schools like I-State and Nebraska as well from time to time to keep those rivalries going.

Conversely, is there anyone out there who is so mad at a school for leaving that they refuse to play them even in the virtual world? What does everyone think?
I wonder if they will add Arkansas as Missouri's rival even tho it's not effective till next year. Wish they had editable rivalries.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Will you schedule rivalries broken up by conference realignment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks5
I wonder if they will add Arkansas as Missouri's rival even tho it's not effective till next year. Wish they had editable rivalries.
They do, don't they?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawgdude
They do, don't they?
they do, it could mess up the SEC scheduling though (make it a 9 game schedule instead of 6-1-1), since they never gave enough info about custom conferences you never knew what was broken and what was not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
It is amazing how much tradition we've seen tossed aside in the past year and a half. I blame Texas and their silly TV network for most of this.
I blame ESPN for this. And don't get me wrong, I love ESPN; but they know how much money 4 "super-conferences" would make, so they talk up how it's "inevitable" and that it's just what's going to happen.

Without ESPN feeding all of the conferences dollar signs, I don't think realignment would be happening like it is.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #13
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
they do, it could mess up the SEC scheduling though (make it a 9 game schedule instead of 6-1-1), since they never gave enough info about custom conferences you never knew what was broken and what was not
Yea that's right. I hadn't thought about that yet... That's a good thing to keep in mind.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
As long as they have the 6-1-1 schedule correctly programmed by default, I don't see why it would change the number of conference games.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekcots11
its also what sent A&M packing and idk about mizzou. and then the domino effect, aka half of the big east
Right, that's the irony. What nearly killed the conference is what might have ultimately saved it, since UT and OU could be in the PAC right now otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
As long as they have the 6-1-1 schedule correctly programmed by default, I don't see why it would change the number of conference games.
in CUSA they had a 12 team , 8 game schedule, no rivals, if you changed teams for the conference it became a 9 game schedule

the game is buggy and/or EA is full of amatuers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »