Home

Anyone disappointed in the sounds of the demo?

This is a discussion on Anyone disappointed in the sounds of the demo? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Anyone disappointed in the sounds of the demo?

We should have that type of intensity/passion or better by now....

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

We should have that type of intensity/passion or better by now....
I can't believe how good that still looks. I'm surprised. Pumped up crowds was always one of the things I loved on the Xbox/PS2 versions. I don't get why they killed them. I hope crowds are a lot louder on the full version.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I always turn my crowd slider up to 100.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I think the crowd sounds were incredibly disappointing, and not just the volume (which I assume is at 50 in the Demo). The situational crowd noises seem off. At home as USC, I was getting a ton of crowd noise in the red zone on offense but when Oregon was in the red zone and I was on defense, it was dead silent.

Some of the new situational sounds just seem off or poorly timed. I also had a few instances of both interference and unnatural echoing. The echoing sounded like the sound file was started up twice, back to back. It was about a half second delay. It just sounded off. The interference has happened twice for me, both during the LSU-Alabama game. It just sounded incomplete.

I'm not impressed with the sounds, but I'm not worried about them volume-wise. I also adjust field and stadium sounds to 100 and commentary to 0. Helps a lot.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Great thread. I completely agree that the crowd sounds better. But they need to pump in ALOT more volume. On 3rd downs the crowd should be going out of their minds.

Cant believe how good NCAA 2005 sounds
Old 06-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

Last year both NCAA and Madden were very quiet in terms of volume. I had to turn up my receiver up louder compared to other games like mlb the show and nba 2k. And sadly so far I have to do the same thing while playing the NCAA demo. The crowd noises feel soft.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #15
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I'm not impressed with the sounds, but I'm not worried about them volume-wise. I also adjust field and stadium sounds to 100 and commentary to 0. Helps a lot.
I hope that's the case.....because I would do the same thing with '12 and it was the same thing (mediocre sound when you're on defense compared to prior generations).

When you add in the commentary ("The student section is going crazy......this stadium is coming alive") it is tantamount to a glitch. It's the same as if Nessler said "The QB heaves it deep" while you throw a 2 yard dump-off pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I can't believe how good that still looks. I'm surprised. Pumped up crowds was always one of the things I loved on the Xbox/PS2 versions. I don't get why they killed them. I hope crowds are a lot louder on the full version.
Just my opinion, but I think EA really thinks want to hear the commentary over everything.

There's absolutely ZERO other reason why they cant program the crowd to be louder like they could in a game that's several years old. No reason at all they cant make the volume louder, more robust like in the past and jsut allow us to tweak it via slider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »