Home

Instead of the canned menu music, fight songs option?

This is a discussion on Instead of the canned menu music, fight songs option? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Instead of the canned menu music, fight songs option?

The menu music is cool. Dramatic, even I guess. But I would love to have the option to turn on the fight songs like it used to be in the game. I liked listening to them when recruiting etc, it helped set the college atmosphere for me. The fight songs are already in the game, so the effort to add a variation to the menu music would be minimal. Just add a new preference to the settings and you would be done. Literally, 10 minutes of coding, if that.

Its not a deal breaker, its just that the existing 2 or 3 songs get old after you have spent 80 hours in your dynasty, you know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Instead of the canned menu music, fight songs option?

I turn all menu music and menu sound effects off on day 1. Do it for every sports game.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinnzer
The menu music is cool. Dramatic, even I guess. But I would love to have the option to turn on the fight songs like it used to be in the game. I liked listening to them when recruiting etc, it helped set the college atmosphere for me. The fight songs are already in the game, so the effort to add a variation to the menu music would be minimal. Just add a new preference to the settings and you would be done. Literally, 10 minutes of coding, if that.

Its not a deal breaker, its just that the existing 2 or 3 songs get old after you have spent 80 hours in your dynasty, you know?

I agree. Bring back the fight songs! I don't like listening to my own music while I game.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I turn all menu music and menu sound effects off on day 1. Do it for every sports game.
As do I. I just have my iPod plugged into my Xbox so it can play through my surround sound.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
The PS3 does not allow you to play your own music in game.
A simple option to use the fight songs as the menu/dynasty would be nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2

i liked the ncaa music alot better when they used actual music rather than instrumental songs
Old 06-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Probably my most hated change in Ncaa12. I miss fight songs as the menu music because there were so many as opposed to the same what, 2-3 songs being played now? Played with no menu music in ncaa and madden for 12. Madden was worse, what an awful soundtrack, glad they're getting rid of ea trax for it lol

PS- How about the same 15second espn news sound byte being played for a week at a time? Turned that off after the 20th time hearing about Plaxico Buress' leaping catch in the end zone lol
Old 06-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
PS- How about the same 15second espn news sound byte being played for a week at a time? Turned that off after the 20th time hearing about Plaxico Buress' leaping catch in the end zone lol
It annoyed me when they would be playing the same sound bite about some team being up at halftime for like an hour+, well into the fourth quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »