Home

Impact players...

This is a discussion on Impact players... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Impact players...

i don't think its overpowered like it used to be and fire get under his feet ..but they do have the capacity to make big plays or play consistent
Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

There's 1 thing that I know impact players do in the game. All players can get warm (orange circle), get hot (red circle) and then get on fire (flashing red circle). When a normal player that's on fire makes a big play, there's nothing special about it. When an impact player that's on fire makes a big play he heats up most of the players that are currently on the field by 1 degree (neutral players become warm, warm players become hot, etc). This is easiest to see on offense where you can have a team full of neutral guys and your impact back is on fire. If he scores a TD, during the extra point you can see that your entire O-line is now warm and some of your other skills players will be too.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

In my experience it means run away from them on offense. Impact players on defense were impossible to get around.....same for linebackers.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
There's 1 thing that I know impact players do in the game. All players can get warm (orange circle), get hot (red circle) and then get on fire (flashing red circle). When a normal player that's on fire makes a big play, there's nothing special about it. When an impact player that's on fire makes a big play he heats up most of the players that are currently on the field by 1 degree (neutral players become warm, warm players become hot, etc). This is easiest to see on offense where you can have a team full of neutral guys and your impact back is on fire. If he scores a TD, during the extra point you can see that your entire O-line is now warm and some of your other skills players will be too.
Ya been that way for a bit if I'm not mistaken, but even when they are red it doesn't seem like they play much better...
Old 06-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #13
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh I think it makes a difference, especially for WRs. Things I notice about impact players:

QBs:
- They break out of more sacks.
- They throw more accurately.

HBs:
-Break more tackles

WRs/TEs:
- Get open a lot faster
- Beat press coverage WAY faster.

I don't notice as much on defense, but like everyone has said, getting your impact player going gets the rest of the team going.

You don't really notice it all the time unless you're paying attention. Impact WRs are pretty nice, just like getting a guy "hot" in Madden. He just starts making big plays all over the field. Just experienced this in the demo with WR #2 for Baylor. I felt like I was passing to a "hot" Steve Smith in Madden. Guy was destroyed press coverage, and getting into space.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #14
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes, but does that mean it's the actual impact player ability doing this. Or is it just these players can do this because they obviously have higher ratings as impact players?

I'm leaning towards one someone said earlier. That they don't do anything at all other than just point out who the teams supposed best players are to the casual gamer.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Oh I think it makes a difference, especially for WRs. Things I notice about impact players:

QBs:
- They break out of more sacks.
- They throw more accurately.

HBs:
-Break more tackles

WRs/TEs:
- Get open a lot faster
- Beat press coverage WAY faster.

I don't notice as much on defense, but like everyone has said, getting your impact player going gets the rest of the team going.

You don't really notice it all the time unless you're paying attention. Impact WRs are pretty nice, just like getting a guy "hot" in Madden. He just starts making big plays all over the field. Just experienced this in the demo with WR #2 for Baylor. I felt like I was passing to a "hot" Steve Smith in Madden. Guy was destroyed press coverage, and getting into space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
Yes, but does that mean it's the actual impact player ability doing this. Or is it just these players can do this because they obviously have higher ratings as impact players?

I'm leaning towards one someone said earlier. That they don't do anything at all other than just point out who the teams supposed best players are to the casual gamer.
I haven't noticed impact players doing extra things just because they're an impact player. They do better things than other players but I'm pretty sure that's just because they're better players with better ratings.

The reason I say this is because of the following. We all know that we have 2 impact players that are chosen from week 1. Then, later in the season, a 3rd impact player is chosen due to ratings and his performance during the season. I've had HBs and WRs chosen midway through the season and they weren't any better with the star under their feet than they were before they had the star. This shows me that the impact player flag didn't make them perform any better.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
Banned

Once-FutureKing's Arena

OVR: 1
I don't think they do much at all. Especially since in dynasty, they're chosen at random or just because of their rating. I had a HB win the Heisman his fresh & soph year but he didn't become impact player because the backup was older and always 1-2pts higher. The backup was the impact those 3yrs. Same with my WR, lead nation in catches, yds, TDs but wasn't impact player till the older WRs graduated and that was his SR year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »