Home

Do You Want CCM in NCAA?

This is a discussion on Do You Want CCM in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want CCM in NCAA?
Yes, absolutely! 18 11.18%
Yes, only if no features are removed. 78 48.45%
Yes, only if they add in some new features (Specify what you want in your post, please)) 7 4.35%
No. No matter how they tweak it, I do not want it. 58 36.02%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Do You Want CCM in NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
No, I wouldn't like it. I have a real twitter account. I don't need a fake one to immerse me in the game. I just need an effective Coaching Carousel, engaging and challenging recruiting, and realistic gametime atmosphere to do that. I'd also rather play the game my way and not follow the ea script of connected careers. I'd also guess that, considering Madden's issue in the past of getting tb school names right for your imported players TB might also be cut to make a more fluid transition between NCAA CCM and Madden CCM. So that would be no bueno for me.
That's when I pump myself full of gamma, turn into the Hulk, and smash Tiburon until there's nothing left.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd rather just have an effective coaching carousel as opposed to another hand me down gimmick from big brother Madden. We all know how well the CCM news is going over with people on the Madden threads, I don't think I'd be able to stand that extent of personal outrage with my precious NCAA. I'm not totally against CCM in NCAA, BUT I certainly wouldn't complain if EA just fixed what was already in the game. Give em another year to play with this fancy Infinity Engine AND KEEP ROSTER EDITING. There's potential in features we already have, albeit some are half done, and some from last gen have yet to make their way into current games. Just my 2 cents lol.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5

I hate to agree with a State fan ( ), but I'm gonna have to here. If it was based on the coaching carousel correctly, it'd be pretty legit.

CCM looks cool, and it's actually one of the reasons I'm considering buying Madden. I never edit Madden's rosters, so that isn't a big deal to me, but in NCAA it would be. I'm too big of a college football fan to see that USC QB #7 is going to win the Heisman.

I think I'll be more "immersed" in dynasty mode this year than normal anyways. The bottomline ticker and studio updates are gonna have me scoreboard watching just like I do in real life.

The Twitter thing is also dumb, unless I can punish a player for tweeting something stupid.

I would like to see recruits have more of a "story" to them though. I can't tell you the name of any player I've ever recruited. I don't "get to know them" until they're a starter.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #20
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

If we can edit player names and they have features like how the NFL Draft will work in Madden this year (but with NCAA, have incoming recruits with different storylines), I'd love it.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
It's likely we will get CCM in NCAA next year. The question is, do you want it?

Me personally, I would love it. Even if it takes away the ability to use custom rosters, I'm OK with it. Outside of a few dozen players, I wouldn't notice all the fake names. I usually start as a really small team anyways, and I don't know any of their players.

The added realistic features (Like Twitter Feed and such) are really cool to me and outweigh the negatives.

How about you guys?

Seriously, no!! Maybe in 2-3 years when they fix it and we have the ability to do everything.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i don't really think connected careers is something that is needed in NCAA. I would like the option to go the route of coach or AD so that you don't have to be the coach going from school to school but instead you can be the school in charge of bringing in new coaches.

If we didn't have the ability to edit players, use multiple teams or play non user controlled games NCAA would be an absolute NO buy from me just like Madden is this year... once again.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
It's likely we will get CCM in NCAA next year. The question is, do you want it?

Me personally, I would love it. Even if it takes away the ability to use custom rosters, I'm OK with it. Outside of a few dozen players, I wouldn't notice all the fake names. I usually start as a really small team anyways, and I don't know any of their players.

The added realistic features (Like Twitter Feed and such) are really cool to me and outweigh the negatives.

How about you guys?
so according to you "fake twitter accounts" > Having real named rosters

WOW

I guess we found who they target with things like Mascot Mode and "bullet speed" gimmicks.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

hmmm last year when playing NCAA 12, and i saw 50% of the coaches ranked A/A+, teams playing 9 or 10 conference games, having my dynasty crash on load, watching my guys gang bang each other because custom playbook bugs, having my custom playbook have to be deleted, the one thing i really thought was

i wish there'd be a fake twitter feed!

anyone who wants CCM is the problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »