Home

Do You Want CCM in NCAA?

This is a discussion on Do You Want CCM in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want CCM in NCAA?
Yes, absolutely! 18 11.18%
Yes, only if no features are removed. 78 48.45%
Yes, only if they add in some new features (Specify what you want in your post, please)) 7 4.35%
No. No matter how they tweak it, I do not want it. 58 36.02%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #33
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do You Want CCM in NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Bullet speed is when they allow you to slow down the game and reaction time for the Heisman guys. It's referred to as bullet speed because its something that was in i think one of the Bond games. It's basically like the Matrix where everything literally slows down for you.

And how is it not even remotely close to what you said, this is what you said.

So adding realistic features such as twitter feeds outweigh the negatives like editing rosters, multiple team control, etc.

I'm not twisting your words.
Sorry, I was unclear. For Madden, it's worth it to not be able to edit rosters, for me. NFL teams change so often I really don't care. For NCAA, I would rather have the ability to use real players.

And I only ever play as my own team, so not being able to play as others does not bother me.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #35
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
Someone saying there is no way they want it is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever seen on this forum.

If you were able to keep everything you already have all you would be doing is adding a feature and streamlining development of a game.
Why? What's so terrible about liking the idea of Madden and NCAA offering fundamentally different gaming experiences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #36
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I think we already basically HAVE the coaches part of CCM for NCAA.

Here is CCM for Franchise mode in Madden:

Quote:
Choosing to go through the career as a “Coach” entails everything Franchise mode used to be – you’ll play as the team, handle all personnel decisions, scout players, run the team’s draft, and so on.
Also, you can improve your coach AND school ratings in NCAA this year. And the story-lines across the nation exist in Studio Updates, which are about 1,000,000 times better than fake Twitter updates from Skip Bayless.

Just add in the ability to improve players ratings by playing backups in blowouts and/or include an XP system for teams so the coach can manually put XP on players (might be ok?).... and poof: CCM in NCAA WITH the ability to edit players.

Plus, NCAA wouldn't work with CCM mode online like Madden would: With the ability to mix Coaches and Players in one Online CCM, people would have to either restart their entire dynasty after 4 years, or the guys who selected to be "players" would have to restart with a new player every 4 years while the coaches stayed the same and grew more "powerful".

Long story short:

Outside of 1 or 2 things that should be in NCAA already (improving backups with scrub time), CCM already exists in NCAA and there's no need to move it identically, as it is today, from Madden to NCAA.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #37
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4

No way in this world I want it without custom rosters.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

I refuse to buy any NCAA game without named rosters. When I was little I played with numbered rosters and was like all right, this is sweet, but by the time NCAA '08 hit I was sick of playing with unnamed rosters, and fake rosters didn't do it for me. If they get rid of them, it's a no-buy for sure. I'll just wait for someone to make updated rosters for the previous game.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #39
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i can't take Skip Bayless in real life the last thing i need is for him to start invading my video games
Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #40

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Is there any way to edit poll options? I'd like to change the 'Only if we keep the ability to edit rosters' to 'Only if no features are removed.'
I don't know if you're able to or not but I changed it for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »