Home

How do u plan on useing your scouting time

This is a discussion on How do u plan on useing your scouting time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
How do u plan on useing your scouting time

I'm not sure how much time we will have to scout and recruit this year per week, just wondering how you gamers out there plan to use your scouting time and how many you will scout and recruit, last yr i recruited 20 per week but dont think im going to be able to scout that many
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How do u plan on useing your scouting time

I've always scouted 30 minutes on 20 players. Whenever I need a gain on a certain player, i will take those minutes away from a player that I am already up a bunch of points on. Usually pretty effective.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
I always start with 25+ guys, but after week 3 or so I usually cut it to below 20. That way I have 30-40 minutes each player, and I pounce on the new recruits in the off season
Old 06-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I usually only target about 10-12 players, and try to get as close to an hour on each as possible. I like having recruiting classes on the smaller side, since if you sign 8-10 high talent players each year, you'll always have about 35-40 good players in your program. Considering you only have 22 starters, I've never seen the need to sign 20+ players each offseason.

I am excited to scout though. I recall a time when I signed the #1 rated CB prospect, and he turned out to have 86 speed. Didn't see that coming. Now, I just might.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
I start with my team needs first. Since there's the ability to break into the Top 10 with lower rated schools, I'll probably take a chance on a 5-4 star recruit and spend a lot of scouting and recruiting time on that player(s).

Since I play as Army, one of my major plans is to get a 4-5 star scrambling QB to run the option with as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

If it is too time-consuming, I may find a way to just sim through it. Recruiting was pretty time-consuming as it was. When I fire up the game, I'm usually read to actually play the game. The recruiting time seems to get in the way of that.

I do like some of the approaches here where guys will only target a smaller number of players. It saves time and you don't get a class full of 4- and 5-star players after you've started building your team. I may play with some of those ideas.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I only start with 12-15 players as well, and if I start with a 1* team, I will be forced to look at players that have at least some interest in me from the start.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Rookie

greatness33's Arena

OVR: 1

i start out i with team needs first, and then grab recruits until I have 10, that way they each get at least an hour, and ill prob scout them all on the basic level

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »