Home

NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #25
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
For what it's worth, this is more UofSA's fault than EA's.... EA will get blamed nevertheless, but still.
Not arguing with you just asking, how do you figure it is their fault? They announced in '09 that they were going to move up in 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_28
Yes if I want to take the time to try and create them I can do that, then take the time to edit the roster to resemble them, then throw a team out of the FBS, then try and get their schedule right...or EA could have just included a team that should be in the game. I am not saying anything crazy like this is a deal breaker for me just that I am disappointed.
There's already tons of South Alabama teams on TB for you to download and I'm sure plenty of them will have accurate rosters. I know it's not ideal just making the point that you and your friends are not completely out of luck.

Quote:
Not arguing with you just asking, how do you figure it is their fault? They announced in '09 that they were going to move up in 12.
Everything I've read says that when they announced in '09 they said they would be in FBS by '13 and that '12 would be their final transitional year

Last edited by moylan1234; 06-14-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
Rookie

LakerPride's Arena

OVR: 0

@moylan You are right about that. But we are the same status as the other three and even a year ahead of UTSA
Old 06-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #28
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
If you read the very first post it explains exactly why it is not EA's fault. EA has deadlines to get this game out on time, if they don't get the info they need in time it's not thier fault.

Clearly it is important for some and i shouldn't have stated that it's no big deal earlier, sorry for that. I just don't think EA dropped the ball here, either the NCAA or South Alabama did.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #29
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
If you read the very first post it explains exactly why it is not EA's fault. EA has deadlines to get this game out on time, if they don't get the info they need in time it's not thier fault.

Clearly it is important for some and i shouldn't have stated that it's no big deal earlier, sorry for that. I just don't think EA dropped the ball here, either the NCAA or South Alabama did.
I did read the post and I also read the post that was linked in it from the Southern Alabama forum. After reading around it sounded to me like this could have been avoided by EA. But what has not been said was if EA called or emailed and Southern ignored them or if EA expected them to initiate contact to verify their status. I am not laying the entire blame on EA but I don't think they are faultless either.
I have no dog in this fight other than a silly OD we were going to play around with. I probably wouldn't have posted more than my original comment on this one but my work is crazy slow today so I am just surfing around OS all day and this was the most interesting thread to me that was being active right now.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #30
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

This is from what EA said. They did not receive a conformation from UoSA (I don't like using USA as an abbreviation for the school... Is that just me?) in time for NCAA 13.
"We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. "
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #31

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Its always EA's fault. I'm waiting for someone to blame gas prices on EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #32
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
For what it's worth, this is more UofSA's fault than EA's.... EA will get blamed nevertheless, but still.
Quote:
This is from what EA said. They did not receive a conformation from UoSA (I don't like using USA as an abbreviation for the school... Is that just me?) in time for NCAA 13.
"We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. "
How DARE you bring logic into this.

Sir, you forget yourself!

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »