Home

Injury timeouts...

This is a discussion on Injury timeouts... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Injury timeouts...

Here is an example of the super bowl winning New York Giants just last season faking injuries. Watch as 2 players on the defense fall at the same time to try and force an injury time out so they can try and slow down the Rams offense... Lol. Very obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26r...e_gdata_player
Old 06-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Injury timeouts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
There is for the NFL at least:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timingfinal
In the NFL, you are charged a timeout in the event of an injury in the final two minutes of the half. I believe the runoff comes into play if you have no more timeouts remaining for them to charge an injury to. I do not believe such rule exists at the college level unless it was a very recent change.

I believe a 10 second runoff for "game extending" penalties does exist at both levels.

Either way, I get the point of the thread. Random injuries can kill a two minute drill and waste a lot of time. It has never happened to me personally, but one of my OD's last year had a user v user game effected by this. Had a guy going for a game winning drive but an injury with 20 seconds left forced him to huddle up and burn his final timeout and settle for a tying FG. Just a weird quirk in the system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »