Home

New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy)

This is a discussion on New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #41
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Next year?

This is like a broken record on OS.

Aren't you guys fed up NOW with the same complaints year after year?

For once I'd like EA to fix their problems right here and now.....This waite til next year stuff gets old.

They either need to reprogram the Option or just quit being lazy and rate the players properly to make it work to some extent.

It's not that hard to sit 4 guys down in room and have them observe nothing but the CPU option attack and then manually fix those teams/player ratings if you refuse to re-program the game to do it.

If you can tweak the game engine or player ratings to reduce Super LB leaps or DB coverage then why can't you take the same amount of time at fixing one of the basic offenses/plays throughout college football history.

It worked in NCAA 06 on PS2 with simple player ratings and yet here we are in NCAA 13 just hoping to even get back to that level.

I'm not getting NCAA 13 because I'm crazy about the game....I'm getting NCAA 13 because Madden 13 has forced me to get it this year.

I just don't understand why EA refuses to simply give us for once a COMPLETE game of football Pro or College.

Why is half their $hit always broken and there's always an excuse from our fellow OS members talking about waite til next year.............
Hardly an excuse, man. If I could program competent option blocking, I would. But given that it's not my trade, I'll have to settle for not buying 13.

Unfortunately, I think they best hope we have is that more spread option concepts will trickle up to Madden (see this year's Carolina playbook w/ Cam Newton) and eventually the Big Money franchise will get pressured to actually work on this stuff. Which - hopefully - will then slide back to NCAA.

Honestly, though, this gen is probably a wash for a true read-and-react momentum-based system. Maybe we'll be good for NCAA 15.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #42
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

as troubling as that vid was/is i am not worried, especially if 13 has the same logic as 12....

a better option attack/passing attack is in the game EA just cant rate the game as they should because of optics, people would riot..

all i want from EA is to do what i cant do myself, remove the cheap useless animations like jumping knockdowns that ruin the realistic feel of playing D....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 06-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Boy... that is one good looking broadcast cam!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #44
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

The option is horrible, at least on a CPU-CPU level.

But hey, let's at least give EA credit for putting this video out there. A lot of us had asked to see CPU-CPU footage of teams that run the option and we got just that. Now, there's no more wondering if the option has been fixed, as we can see with our own two eyes that it has not.

I feel bad for those that like to play as Navy, Air Force, Army, Georgia Tech, etc. If you want to run with those teams, you'll likely have to make a lot of roster edits to get the game to play correctly, and not everyone has the time to do that.

If Skillz and Playmakers can get the option working in NCAA 11-12 with their edits, wouldn't it make sense for EA to look at what they are doing and incorporate it into their own file? Like another poster said, I think EA is too fearful of the backlash of having accuratly-rated rosters and instead, just boost everyone's ratings so that fans of teams in the Top-25 won't cry when their "stud" 3rd-string MLB isn't rated an 87.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
as troubling as that vid was/is i am not worried, especially if 13 has the same logic as 12....

a better option attack/passing attack is in the game EA just cant rate the game as they should because of optics, people would riot..

all i want from EA is to do what i cant do myself, remove the cheap useless animations like jumping knockdowns that ruin the realistic feel of playing D....
This is so true and so sad. To make things work, players attributes need to be cut back. I tweaked a couple of rosters in a dynasty just to see the difference. Changed pursuit and acceleration of defensive players- it was amazing to see how well the game played. But if EA were to do that and one of the All-World players from Bama or LSU isn't a 98, I'd hate to see that thread..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

But hey, let's at least give EA credit for putting this video out there. A lot of us had asked to see CPU-CPU footage of teams that run the option and we got just that. Now, there's no more wondering if the option has been fixed, as we can see with our own two eyes that it has not.

I feel bad for those that like to play as Navy, Air Force, Army, Georgia Tech, etc. If you want to run with those teams, you'll likely have to make a lot of roster edits to get the game to play correctly, and not everyone has the time to do that.

If Skillz and Playmakers can get the option working in NCAA 11-12 with their edits, wouldn't it make sense for EA to look at what they are doing and incorporate it into their own file? Like another poster said, I think EA is too fearful of the backlash of having accuratly-rated rosters and instead, just boost everyone's ratings so that fans of teams in the Top-25 won't cry when their "stud" 3rd-string MLB isn't rated an 87.
EA didn't release the video. This is recorded by some guy who made the matchup at E3 to see how it would play out. EA had no hand in having this video get out.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #47
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

The only thing I'll give EA credit for, is taking a once great game, and turning it into a turd sandwich. But hey, at least they got windsocks and pylon physics. I still cannot comprehend how little they do with this game, year after year. Issues that plagued the game 3 and 4 years ago, are still present.

Last edited by Scrapps; 06-16-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #48
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey323
EA didn't release the video. This is recorded by some guy who made the matchup at E3 to see how it would play out. EA had no hand in having this video get out.
Oh, good catch. I wasn't paying attention the first 30 seconds, so didn't see who the video was put out by. I just figured it was EA. Either way, still is nice that an option-style offense was captured on video to let all those wondering know, exactly what it'll look like when the game ships.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »