Home

NCAA 13 Facebook Poll...

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Facebook Poll... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
NCAA 13 Facebook Poll...

So there is/was a poll on the NCAA facebook page. Asking people what mode they will play the most. The results make me wonder if Heisman mode and the resources could've been better used elsewhere?

Thoughts?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 13 Facebook Poll...

Totally agree, IMO it seems like a pointless mode that not many people are going to play.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

EA will spin this and say the Heisman Challenge numbers are low because "it hasn't come out yet".

It doesn't matter though. Based on Madden, all these modes are bound to be rolled up into one next year.

Also, that's a small sample size on the poll - only about 2000 people.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

That many people play Road to Glory?

I played it when it first came out in NCAA 06, but haven't returned to it since (despite a few tries).
Old 06-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
EA will spin this and say the Heisman Challenge numbers are low because "it hasn't come out yet".

It doesn't matter though. Based on Madden, all these modes are bound to be rolled up into one next year.

Also, that's a small sample size on the poll - only about 2000 people.
Couple of things. I agree with you that it is a small sample size. But I would counter with two things. First, I think the facebook crowd is more in line with what EA's core demographic is which is the casual gamer. I don't see an NCAA dev popping up here and posting that poll. Second, which in my opinion goes to what I view as the fundamental problem with this mode. EA's core demographic has NO IDEA who half these players are.

I mean I'm 30 years old and I never saw Jim Plunket, Archie Griffin play college ball, and I can't remember them playing pro ball either. That is me a 30 year old. What about "kids" 15-20 years old. A 20 year old may have just been born when Charlie Ward won the Heisman. The players the mode feature and the EA's base don't mesh IMO.

But that is just my thoughts and you make some really good points, especially the small sample size.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 06-15-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: I speel really gooder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I imagine a poll like this on OS would be very different. 90% or so would probably be split between the two dynasty modes (On/Off-Line). We're unfortunatley a minority.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Couple of things. I agree with you that it is a small sample size. But I would counter with two things. First, I think the facebook crowd more in line with what EA's core demographic is which is the casual gamer. I don't see an NCAA dev popping up here and posting that pole. Second, which in my opinion goes to what I view as the fundamental problem with this mode. EA's core demographic has NO IDEA who half these players are.

I mean I'm 30 years old and I never saw Jim Plunket, Archie Griffin play college ball, and I can't remember them playing pro ball either. That is me a 30 year old. What about "kids" 15-20 years old. A 20 year old may have been born when Charlie Ward won the Heisman. The players the mode feature and the EA's base don't mesh IMO.

But that is just my thoughts and you make some really good points, especially the small sample size.
I definitely agree about Charlie Ward. up until the latter point of his career i only thought he played basketball, had no idea he played football, let alone win the heisman. im sure a lot of 19 y/o my age, that arent hardcore college fans wouldnt know that either.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #8
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Replace Plunkett, Griffin, Allen, Ward, Fluite and the rest of the old guys with the likes of Troy Smith, Ron Dayne, Carson Palmer, Cam Newton, Eric Crouch, and I think It would be sweet to have it with Charles Woodson.

I think Butkus mode would be more fun. Imagine racking up huge tackling numbers with LaVar Arrington, Dan Morgan, Patrick Willis, Matt Russell, and Rocky Calmus. I think that would be more fun and a change of pace.

As far as the poll goes... I don't know how many people continue to play these game modes over Dynasty. These other game modes seem fun to try, then it's all about Dynasty. Building a program IMO is much more fun than making an individual player win an award.... you can do that in Dynasty mode as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »