Home

How does everyone get pumped about recruiting?

This is a discussion on How does everyone get pumped about recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How does everyone get pumped about recruiting?

I like building bad teams into good teams with recruiting. It's fun to take a team with very little speed and talent and turning them into an explosive team. I really enjoy watching the players develop. Seeing which players are successful and which ones end up getting cut.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #18
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

When the #1 recruit in the country finally commits to you instead of one of the 4 other users in your OD who were neck-and-neck with you, you'll understand. Although with the changes made this year, I think it could be fun offline too.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use that PocketScout program which numerates all the letter grades, even giving projected OVRs for the player at all positions. Using that, I'm not a slave to OVR instead projecting my needs with a player's strengths. (in '11, for example, I was an all Man coverage guy, so a CB downgraded in his OVR b/c his Zone measurement was in the low 70s but with Man/Press in the 80s was perfect.)
So the research that goes into finding guys for 'my' program is what makes it fun for me. If you're a 6* program, that may be a guy in the 300s on the list, if you're a 3* it may be a perfect fit with a guy ranked in the 600s, and so forth.
Two things that keep me interested in recruiting are, 1) finding that hidden gem as already stated, and 2) getting a guy that I'd planned on being maybe nothing more than a back-up (young, and solid roster already above him on the depth chart), thrive and become a star. A Jr. JUCO QB I pulled in once was supposed to be nothing more than a roster fill-in as the #3 guy until 'next' year when I'd wanted to actually bring in an eventual starter. Inconsistent starter performance (user error?) and INJ to #2 forced my hand early in his 1st season and I never switched away from him. Made me want to really work in the next recruiting cycle looking for other possible surprises.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #20
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
I use to be in a OD a few years ago as Idaho and I was so ticked that this user who was Florida took a 2* star HB I was going after and I saw the next year he was like the 8th string HB on his roster. I hope you pummeled your brother after he stole your recruit.
With us it is a constant battle of one upsmanship with all the guys. We start with equal teams so there is no Idaho Florida mismatch. We had one guy theft a QB that was needed for another team and cut him to be spitefull, it was awesome. Heck we even lay fake trails by wasting small amounts of time on players we don't want in hopes others waste their time with them. I don't know how the scouting will effect that but I am excited to try it.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #21
Rookie

GSU Panther's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
i love building a team and simming to see how they turn out. i once had a 70+ win streak just simming on one of the older ncaas. recruiting is just as important as xs n os when it comes to college football in real life. i also like taking over teams and completely change it. ex. taking a spread team and making them a power running team

I know this is lame, but in offline dynasty i only recruit and sim every game. Take a one star and build them to a powerhouse. It is so much fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #22
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

I would love to be a coach, scout, or GM one day. So recruiting is the best part to me. I enjoy taking a 1* and building them up to a powerhouse! Just like everyone else. I love to find that 1 guy that will change the landscape of the program and turn them to the right direction. Then when I leave I love to see them fall back to reality! Muuhahahaha!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeboutte
I would love to be a coach, scout, or GM one day. So recruiting is the best part to me. I enjoy taking a 1* and building them up to a powerhouse! Just like everyone else. I love to find that 1 guy that will change the landscape of the program and turn them to the right direction. Then when I leave I love to see them fall back to reality! Muuhahahaha!
It's really funny when it happens in a matter of a few seasons. I built up Middle Tennessee into a 3x BCS Champion and I moved them to the SEC. I left Middle Tennessee, 3 seasons later, they had a hard time winning 3 games.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #24
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman1982
It's really funny when it happens in a matter of a few seasons. I built up Middle Tennessee into a 3x BCS Champion and I moved them to the SEC. I left Middle Tennessee, 3 seasons later, they had a hard time winning 3 games.
Yes, its crazy how far and fast they fall!

Maybe it will be different this year, with the pitches adjusting more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »