Home

Would you buy this game if all they worked on was gameplay?

This is a discussion on Would you buy this game if all they worked on was gameplay? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
As long as they didn't REMOVE staple options.... Sure.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wbncip
Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'd buy it, but this board would be filled with nothing but "NCAA 12.5" threads if they only worked on gameplay. People want "ground breaking" stuff in every year. EA would lose massive amounts of sales if they only worked on gameplay.
^ double edge sword for sure. But removing key features would be a deal breaker. Imagine no editing in NCAA... Dear god!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x1ekto
Old 06-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Hoosier83's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Would you buy this game if all they worked on was gameplay?

The answer to this question, for me personally, is a resounding yes! If this game literally played like what I see on the field on Saturdays in Bloomington I would buy it every year just for the updated rosters. The player movements alone in 12 have bothered me to no end, not to mention the broken plays and silly AI. I don't care if I have 1 player model, 1 uniform option, and single bar old school kicker facemasks. If they fixed the gameplay and still gave me the option to play a dynasty, the rest could fall in line pretty easy the following year(s).
I'm not high, I know this isn't the way it is or ever will be, but that's just how I feel.
I did not play NCAA 09-11 or any on the next gen systems until I purchased 12. That's how I found this site, looking for anyone else who was experiencing the same problems I was. I quit playing 12 about 2 months into some hardcore playing time because of the terrible gameplay.
I have since dusted off my PS2 and purchased NCAA 07 ($0.99 at gamestop) and couldn't be happier with a game that will be 6 years old in a few weeks.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #20
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
What exactly does gameplay mean to people? How is it separate from things like graphics and presentation?
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 9

I can't say that I would.

Immersion > gameplay

I believe people will always say gameplay could always be better. Personally, I'm a stats junky and love seeing different stats over the many years of my dynasties. Stats and presentation go hand in hand. I like to see my how my team perform against the top 25 in certain situations - not top 25 in certain situations - how many QB does against the blitz - how many defense handles 3rd and short - etc...

If presented right, it's essentially an extra way scout your team opponent (would be beautiful for online dynasties).

With that being said, if I could get dynamic stats/commentary with the level of gameplay now...I'll consider this game a winner. Plus, I haven't bought NCAA since 09 -- so the changes I'm experiencing from the demo are very welcome

2K IS A HELLUVA DRUG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
^ double edge sword for sure. But removing key features would be a deal breaker. Imagine no editing in NCAA... Dear god!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x1ekto
I wouldn't buy it without editing. And I've bought NCAA every year since 'NCAA Football 98'.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #23
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
What exactly does gameplay mean to people? How is it separate from things like graphics and presentation?
That's what I was getting at in my post on the first page of the thread. "Gameplay", as the OP was defining it, is not independent of things like graphics and presentation. It just cannot be. It is the combination of all those things that creates gameplay.

Graphics, presentation, on the field interactions and on field movement are all tied together. You can't just throw two of those things away and expect to improve one alone.

Video game mechanics don't exist in a vacuum, it is all tied together. You can't improve OL/DL or WR/DB interactions without improving things like animations or graphics. And for those guys to interact, their interactions have to be tied to some sort of ratings system. In dynasty mode, that ratings system has to be tied to some sort of coaching or training system so they develop their skills. In order to identify and develop those skills, there has to be a recruiting system and a scouting system.

And all of that takes us to the parts of the game the OP wants ignored in lieu of "gameplay."

Even if it were possible, I still wouldn't want it. Off the field stuff is what makes this game playable throughout the year.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I've honestly never understood, why a company can't just make a game that looks like what we watch on TV. Honestly, just take it quarter by quarter - try to mimic everything seen within the real life game to import within the video game - it is not complex (the programming might be, but they get paid to do it). This is all that should be the focus - every single time. That is how most of us as a community interact with the game - through the television.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »