Home

What do you like about online dynasty?

This is a discussion on What do you like about online dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
What do you like about online dynasty?

I've been trying to figure out why guys like NCAA online dynasty.
Not that it's bad but there are some things that make me hesitant to commit to one.

You only get to choose 12 teams so often you don't even play each other unless you all play in one conference.
Maybe I'm wrong on this and you can schedule games vs each other when in other conferences?

You get to recruit against each other but the cpu is still in control of 90% of the teams so it seems it would be limited impact.

And because it's online you have to deal with scheduling games and the league may either go too fast or too slow for your liking once you start playing.

Also NCAA is heavily built around recruiting so to me it is better if you can put a few years into it and not the 2 or 3 I see some online dynasties do between versions of the game.

To me it's the fact that there are so many NCAA teams that makes it hard.

I've never played an NCAA online dynasty so I may be wrong about things and appreciate any insight into what you like about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What do you like about online dynasty?

Competition. Whether conference or national. Since recruiting is so important, getting that guy that someone else was wanting feels much better, especially if it's a rival. I lost two years In a row to my rival and that wouldn't happen offline because I can consistently beat the CPU at the highest setting. Also when you get that recruit and he's the reason that you beat your rival year three it just makes the mode worth playing. More teams would be better but scheduling as it is would be crazy. But that's why you try to get guys dedicated and were going to play the game 4 times a week anyway in hopes at least two of those times are online dynasty games.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I love playing a 1 person OD. My favorite aspect is being able to access the dynasty, recruit, etc from any home pc.

It took dynasty to a new level for me, and it keeps me busy at work.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

competition: as stated above competition is the best thing about online dynasties. If you have a full 10-12 players in your OD its very fun, users are very good so you will have to play smart, and the CPU i think is tougher in OD than in Offline Dynasty

recruiting: recruiting is fun if you are going head to head with another user. you will have to work harder if you want to snag that #1 recruit from another player.

Scheduling online games may be difficult depending on the hours each player comes on, but its good to set it up 1 game in advance.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I've been trying to figure out why guys like NCAA online dynasty.
Not that it's bad but there are some things that make me hesitant to commit to one.

You only get to choose 12 teams so often you don't even play each other unless you all play in one conference.
Maybe I'm wrong on this and you can schedule games vs each other when in other conferences?
Of course you can schedule out of conference (OOC) games against other users. How many user games you want depends on the OD you're in. In the ODs in which I've played all of the users have been in 2 or 3 conferences (6 guys per conference for 2, 4 guys per conference for 3).

Quote:
You get to recruit against each other but the cpu is still in control of 90% of the teams so it seems it would be limited impact.
Recruiting against other users is WAY tougher than recruiting against the CPU (even on Heisman recruiting). In an offline (or even a 1 player OD) you should usually have the #1 recruiting class. In an OD against 11 other users, it's much more difficult to get top tier recruiting classes.

Quote:
And because it's online you have to deal with scheduling games and the league may either go too fast or too slow for your liking once you start playing.
That's why you need to get into the right OD. There's an excellent site with tons of ODs out there where everyone plays sim ball. I don't think I'm allowed to tell you the name to advertise it, but you can likely find it with google.

Quote:
Also NCAA is heavily built around recruiting so to me it is better if you can put a few years into it and not the 2 or 3 I see some online dynasties do between versions of the game.

To me it's the fact that there are so many NCAA teams that makes it hard.

I've never played an NCAA online dynasty so I may be wrong about things and appreciate any insight into what you like about it.
Again, it's about getting into the right OD. I'm still playing in my '12 OD and we're in week 10 of year 12 right now. It's awesome to play with the same team for that long and trying to build yourself up when you're fighting against 11 other user controlled teams to do so. I've played with some of the guys in my OD for 3 years in a row now and we've had pretty low turnover (very low when you consider the transfer failed issues in '12 that wrecked so many ODs). Getting with the right group of guys, and I think that site where I play is the best place to find that group, can make an OD TONS of fun!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »