Home

For all the long time NCAA'ers

This is a discussion on For all the long time NCAA'ers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #33
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: For all the long time NCAA'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinnzer
The reason why things aren't the same as they were in 07 is because if they were, people would yell about how the game is the same with just different rosters.

That being said, I don't envy EA. how do you refresh a franchise yearly, when the basic product (college football) remains the same?
That's true, but making basic elements of the sport worse/less realistic (player movement, passing mechanics, etc) or broken altogether (option) is not the way to go about "refreshing" a yearly franchise.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

For the life of me i can't figure out how as the game progressed into a new generation , we lost features, and the game regressed.

The NCAA games on PS2 were the GOAT. Med shirts, player development, player stats on recruits, 1aa teams, celebrations that worked, and fantastic control and gameplay. How they can't just replicate these things with better graphics is beyond me. Here's to hoping that someday they get back to greatness.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #35
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

the ps2 days were the greatest for this series, i remember having to preorder 03-06 because they weren't sold in Canada yet. now i might not even get the game this year. all i want is the old features back. if a ps2 disc can hold all that stuff, why can't a ps3 or an xbox 360? dynasty was the greatest in 06, now were missing med RS, spring game/drills, suspensions, picking your captains, SI covers, recruits that had stats. if i had a ps2 that worked i would play 06 over and over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would like for EA to bring back the ability to choose team captains in dynasty mode and be able to change them between games. That option was lost on the PS3 NCAA Football games.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #37
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

This is making me consider getting a copy of NCAA 06 for xbox, and playing it in my 360. I don't remember much about NCAA 07 for PS2/Xbox since I was into 360 at the time. Did it improve on NCAA 06?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #38
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
This is making me consider getting a copy of NCAA 06 for xbox, and playing it in my 360. I don't remember much about NCAA 07 for PS2/Xbox since I was into 360 at the time. Did it improve on NCAA 06?
To me, 07 was more polished and fluid than 06. 07 is my favorite by far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #39
Rookie

MrBlonde21's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGators11
First off this isn't a NCAA 13 bashing thread. I love the game and can't wait for the 10th. With that said, I can't help but feel I'm the only one who has experienced what I'm about to say. Every year NCAA adds features and works on graphics and gameplay but yet if you stick in an NCAA from a while back, such as 06 or 07 it seems like the best college football game ever. Highlights on the main screen, menu music (pretty sure I can still sing every word to every song on 06), pressing buttons to get certain types of celebrations after plays, in week suspensions, spring games, hotter girlfirends in RTG when you got better!!! Haha or how about getting your team or favorite player on the cover of Sports Illustrated for that week in dynasty. I guess I just never realized it, but every year they add certain things almost so you don't realize what all they have taken out. And you don't realize it until you go back and play and oldie...anyone else get where I'm coming from? Or am I the only one who likes all the little stuff on the old ones and would take that stuff over the infamous "mascot matchup" or the grand "one-button mode."

And no matter what just rememember: I wana grow up, up to be, be a debaser

+ 9000 !!!

"WR for Michigan John Doe beat Usain Bolt in a parking lot at the Food Lion by the school so clearly he should be a 99" won't be taken in to consideration
- CWSapp757

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »