Home

Sideline players?

This is a discussion on Sideline players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

GSU Panther's Arena

OVR: 0
Sideline players?

Why are there still players on the sidelines with jerseys 01, 04, 08 etc... this is maybe the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen it could not be that hard to fix
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSU Panther
Why are there still players on the sidelines with jerseys 01, 04, 08 etc... this is maybe the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen it could not be that hard to fix
Probably because no one cares about that.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sideline players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You'd be surprised. It isn't the numbers that are the problem, it is the fact that the sidelines are robotic and 2D. One of the best parts of college football is the sideline players cheering and jumping around and running with guys and having players run in and out and just all the activity. That alone could go a long way to assisting the otherwise poor atmosphere in the NCAA series.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You'd be very surprised... People have been asking for updated sidelines for years.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

What's more important, what's on the field or what's on the sideline? The more they do off the field, the less they do on the field.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
You'd be surprised. It isn't the numbers that are the problem, it is the fact that the sidelines are robotic and 2D. One of the best parts of college football is the sideline players cheering and jumping around and running with guys and having players run in and out and just all the activity. That alone could go a long way to assisting the otherwise poor atmosphere in the NCAA series.
Wait so college football is alll about sideline players. When they them selves don't even play in the game. YOU GOT TO BE JOKING ME.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
What's more important, what's on the field or what's on the sideline? The more they do off the field, the less they do on the field.
Well at the moment, neither is getting improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydNDLAL
Wait so college football is alll about sideline players. When they them selves don't even play in the game. YOU GOT TO BE JOKING ME.
No, you've got to be joking me. Have you ever been on a sideline during a football game? You act like the guys on the sideline are just fans. The college football atmosphere begins with the sideline.

Players jumping up and down, helmets or towels in the air, waving players on as they run by or yelling encouragement. Guys jumping out of the way of players who get run out of bounds. Guys huddling up during a timeout. Guys running in and out of the game into the huddle. Guys quickly scrambling in for NASCAR-pace no huddle teams. Coaches pacing. Camera men and cheerleaders running around doing whatever. The chain gang moving with the play.

That is college football. The sideline is where the vast majority of activity happens during a football game. During a 60 minute football game, there is roughly 11 minutes of actual football that has happened. ELEVEN MINUTES. Am I really asking too much to have the players actually rendered? Come on.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Well at the moment, neither is getting improved.

No, you've got to be joking me. Have you ever been on a sideline during a football game? You act like the guys on the sideline are just fans. The college football atmosphere begins with the sideline.

Players jumping up and down, helmets or towels in the air, waving players on as they run by or yelling encouragement. Guys jumping out of the way of players who get run out of bounds. Guys huddling up during a timeout. Guys running in and out of the game into the huddle. Guys quickly scrambling in for NASCAR-pace no huddle teams. Coaches pacing. Camera men and cheerleaders running around doing whatever. The chain gang moving with the play.

That is college football. The sideline is where the vast majority of activity happens during a football game. During a 60 minute football game, there is roughly 11 minutes of actual football that has happened. ELEVEN MINUTES. Am I really asking too much to have the players actually rendered? Come on.
College atmosphere doesn't start with sideline players. If you think it does then you're obviously not a true college football player, And actually from what I saw in the demo, During replays or after a Quarter they have new Animations from the sideline, or If a defensive player makes a Int. It shows him going back to the sideline while everyone giving him a pat in the back even the coach pats him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »