Home

Were any changes made to the Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Were any changes made to the Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Were any changes made to the Coaching Carousel?

another half assed EA feature. there's not even a pool of unemployed coaches which Madden 2005 or something had, coach loses a job, gets another somewhere else
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

What happens with cc off?

Can you still move schools?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
another half assed EA feature. there's not even a pool of unemployed coaches which Madden 2005 or something had, coach loses a job, gets another somewhere else
Not saying that the feature is perfect (it's not), but there are unemployed coaches. They just don't typically start showing up until the end of the CC process and usually end up as coordinators at smaller schools from what I've seen. Again, not perfect but they're there. Part of the "not perfect" part for me is just what you mentioned...almost every fired coach ends up somewhere else. In reality, they quite often spend time away before getting hired again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I hope they fixed the part where television exposure wasn't counted if you were an assistant coach. It would end up where any team you were a coordinator at would have a severely lowered television exposure rating despite actually being on tv.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Not saying that the feature is perfect (it's not), but there are unemployed coaches. They just don't typically start showing up until the end of the CC process and usually end up as coordinators at smaller schools from what I've seen. Again, not perfect but they're there. Part of the "not perfect" part for me is just what you mentioned...almost every fired coach ends up somewhere else. In reality, they quite often spend time away before getting hired again.
those aren't unemployed coaches those are replacement coaches, they only appear when a coach retires
Old 06-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
those aren't unemployed coaches those are replacement coaches, they only appear when a coach retires
I guess if that's what you want to call them (the game lists them as "unemployed" IIRC), then you're right. Regardless, it doesn't matter because one of the flaws of the system is that you don't actually do any hiring. Given that, it makes sense that there isn't a pool of unemployed coaches from the beginning. It would make more sense to have more replacement coaches though instead of having a fired coach get hired again by someone else right away.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
The game creates new coaches as others retire and I wouldn't want fake coaches taking over programs like crazy we know ea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

In my opinion, there really wasn't much they needed to do with CC besides tweaking the logic and allowing you to hire your own OC and DC.

I'll be happy if they just tweaked the logic and that's it, to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »