Home

Lower rating for freshmen?

This is a discussion on Lower rating for freshmen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lower rating for freshmen?

Darius Hamilton is a 78

Old 06-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm not really sure how I feel about the lower rated freshman yet. Usually when I see a change in regards to the range of ratings I get happy, but then I realize that unless they alter the range of fictional incoming freshman during the dynasty, it's pointless. The ratings for those players need to be on par with the default rosters or else 80% of the real life freshman will pretty much fade into obscurity following year 1.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Freshmen on the default roster don't match the generated incoming freshmen in ratings. This has been the case since last year. For you roster makers, here is a what I use for default freshmen on rosters:

Overall Rating
5*= 79-82 (79 or 80 for most five stars, 81 or 82 for top 10 guys in country)
4*=74-78 (77 or 78 for guys who are borderline 5* guys and are top 10 at their position, 75 or 76 for most 4 stars who are ranked between 15 and 25 at their position, and 74 for lowest who are almost 3* and below 25 at their position and still 4*)
3*=67-73 (This one has the most fluctuation and the most players. 73 and 72 for guys who a step below 4* and still top 40 at their position, 69-71 for most guys who are at between 40-60 at their position. 67 and 68 for guys who are 60-70 at their position and are still a 3*)
2*=60-67 (These are the leftover guys who are mostly ranked below 70 at their position. They fill up the lower tier schools)

Juco 5*= 82-84 (Guys who will come in and start or contribute at every program in the nation)
Jucos 4*= 77-81 (Starter for lesser top teams and be a starter at a big school at position of need)
Juco 3*= 74-76 (Starter for average teams and backup for teams at the top)

In every recruiting class, certain positions have more guys total guys at their position (QB, RB, WR, T, G, DT, DE, OLB, CB, S have between 60-100 most years) than others (TE, C, MLB, K, P have between 30-50 most years)

Early Enrolles for base roster should be bumped up a point or two in ovr, mostly 4-5 awr + 1-3 str.

This might have changed a little since last year because of busts and gems. The OVR ranges might be off by a 1-2 points either way.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 06-30-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
Rookie

GeneralMike's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman187
Freshmen on the default roster don't match the generated incoming freshmen in ratings. This has been the case since last year. For you roster makers, here is a what I use for default freshmen on rosters:

Overall Rating
5*= 79-82
4*=74-78
3*=68-73
2*=60-67

Juco 5*= 82-84
Jucos 4*= 77-81
Juco 3*= 74-76

Early Enrolles for base roster should be bumped up a point or two in ovr, mostly 4-5 awr + 1-3 str.

This might have changed a little since last year because of busts and gems. The OVR ranges might be off by a 1-2 points either way.
Thanks for posting that. It's good to know the scale, for when I completely revamp the Rutgers roster.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
Rookie

timtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealUSCgcocks
oh and our true freshman left tackle is a 90..
i saw this and was amazed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »