Home

What makes you so attached to franchise?

This is a discussion on What makes you so attached to franchise? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: What makes you so attached to franchise?

My love for college football, online ranked games, and online dynasty, been playing with the same group of guys for a few years now. They make it easy to deal with this game despite it being all buggy
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quite a few things. First off, I absolutely love college football. If the only college football video game out had Tecmo bowl style graphics I would be playing it more than Madden. I watch as many games as I possibly can, read the articles, everything. And in the offseason/time between video games I hang out here, haha. The reason I play a game for a couple months is the gameplay, features, etc. The reason I was playing NCAA 2012 until the demo for 2013 came out is College Football.

Specific to franchise though, I really like games that have a Macro and Micro component. I like when you make big decisions and then get to see/deal with the ramifications of those decisions on a smaller scale. So I'll have a battle for a RB with an in-conference school and let's say I decide to go to my second option and save my minutes for another player. Two years later he tears me up for 150 yards and 3 TDs in the conference championship game and I lose and get relegated to the Capital One bowl. That sort of scale is something that not too many other games have. The Total War series is something else that's good for this, along with many sports games.

There are other fun things that draw me in also. I like taking the school I grew up cheering for (Marshall) and building up the program to where they are consistently competing for BCS bowls. I also like to coach my alma mater (Virginia Tech) and getting them over the hump to where they are competing for national championships. I also like starting at a one star and riding the coaching carousel all the way up, staying at each school for at least two years and never going up more than two star levels.

At the end of the day it's just getting to write my own college football story. That's what I like the most.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #11
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Mine is the challenge of recruiting good players and getting to the top.

One thing that really kept me playing was ability to import my players into Madden but with that gone I just hope the enjoyment of recruitment and trying to get into bowl games does it for me.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #12
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3

Dynasty
Re-playability
Love for College Football
Diversity of Play styles/love for flexbone and option football
Old 07-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

It's a few things:

1. Building up a 1 star to a 4-5 star team is an awesome challenge. Getting a team like Army or Akron to a National stage is a major accomplishment.

2. If you get sick of that 3 star team, there's the ability to move at the end of the season. I think coaching carousel is fine, especially if its tuned this year.

3. Uniforms. I'm a jersey whore, so I love seeing teams like Oregon and Maryland with a million different combinations. I also love Army's camo uniforms.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #14
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

I only play ODs, mainly to play with friends scattered across the country. I don't play dynasty otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »