Home

Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #41
Banned

jaybird2585's Arena

OVR: 9
I wrote about this last night, saying that the lack of a playoff system combined with the problem of last year, will result in a decent number of buyers just waiting until NCAA 15 comes out if the playoff format is not included into next years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #42
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
I wrote about this last night, saying that the lack of a playoff system combined with the problem of last year, will result in a decent number of buyers just waiting until NCAA 15 comes out if the playoff format is not included into next years game.
You are THE ONLY game in town, then you have to do these things. EA needs to be working around the clock right now to make this happen and prove why people need to buy their product. Instead they will just sit back and wait for the lemmings to buy it this year as they have years past.

Exclusivity has been completely abused by this company and I for one can't wait for the day when they are caught on it.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird2585
I seriously doubt a no playoff will have much of an impact and people not buying until 2015?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #44
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
Sorry, but if it's not set in stone every piece of how it will be implemented, it doesn't belong in the game.

And even if the entire process was set in stone, it's a licensing issue. They will only put the real, licensed playoff in the game (probably sponsored btw).
Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
You are THE ONLY game in town, then you have to do these things. EA needs to be working around the clock right now to make this happen and prove why people need to buy their product. Instead they will just sit back and wait for the lemmings to buy it this year as they have years past.

Exclusivity has been completely abused by this company and I for one can't wait for the day when they are caught on it.
But do you buy the game every year?

EA doesn't have to patch in playoffs and I really don't think they should. You think there is going to be a huge sales increase if they announced a playoff patch was coming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #46
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
The addition of the playoff system could be one of the biggest marketing strategies for next year's game. I don't see EA giving up such a valuable piece like that.

If it was in, I'd be more tempted to buy this year's game, but for the reason I stated above I don't see them adding it this year.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #47
Rookie

huntswithweim's Arena

OVR: 1

For Christ’s sake the four team playoff doesn’t take affectfor two more years. The details of the playoff are vague at best. If they didpatch it in it would just screw something else up anyway.

You idiots are basically asking EA to patch something in tothe game that’s not in affect yet and won’t be until 2014 with almost nodetails on how it is going to work with the bowl games and selection process. Pleasego back to complaining about how the third string defense tackle for Iowa St.has the wrong facemask.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #48
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntswithweim
For Christ’s sake the four team playoff doesn’t take affectfor two more years. The details of the playoff are vague at best. If they didpatch it in it would just screw something else up anyway.

You idiots are basically asking EA to patch something in tothe game that’s not in affect yet and won’t be until 2014 with almost nodetails on how it is going to work with the bowl games and selection process. Pleasego back to complaining about how the third string defense tackle for Iowa St.has the wrong facemask.
Whoa there. Put the EA shield down and step away from the topic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »