Home

Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #57
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff in to NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You could choose between playoffs or bowls to end your season in the Genesis games, too.

So the feature was actually around for two consecutive gaming generations.

For whatever reason, they took away the feature when NCAA Football made the jump from PS1 to PS2.
yea i miss some of the old stuff they let us do. Playoffs were in the old one because of the 1AA teams and they let us use it in 1A. the NCAA pulled the plug on it not EA, my minds like a steel trap. THey will never let us have the playoffs before all the licenising is done for the bowls. remember there are alot of peps out there that want their due from EA. EA's lawyers will never open this can of worms. but, a earlier poster pointed out that EA could do there own version of the playoffs. that could be possible. Still, the ncaa can remove anything they want from EA's game. This is the same as when Miami and company moved from the big east to acc. they werent allowed to do that because of conference licsensing and we had to wait. they dont even have bowls figured out yet for it.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 1
People who are complaining about the system not being in place yet need to stop. Yes there wont be one till 2014. But we know the bcs bowls will rotate hosting games and the championship will be played at the city that bids the most money. The only thing we dont know is how the teams will be chosen. Id much rather have EA patch in the playoff and it be the top 4 teams than have them patch in some ridiculous committee thing and have a 12-0 mac team that played no top 25 games get in over a 10-2 sec team that played 5 top 25.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #59
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
What year was it that NCAA Football gave you a playoff option? Like 98 or something?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think this article is right on. The only thing I want to do is take my Road to Glory Tim Riggins to the playoffs and win it all under the Jerry-tron!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #61
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
What year was it that NCAA Football gave you a playoff option? Like 98 or something?
There was one on Sega Genesis that did. It was not Bill Walsh's game, Im not sure it was EA. I want to say it was something like NCAA 96 or 97

Edit: Jyoung beat me to it. I heard that NCAA made them quit, but that is merely a rumor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #62
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Wow I think we have to wait until the Next version so EA can get the Layout
Old 07-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
There was one on Sega Genesis that did. It was not Bill Walsh's game, Im not sure it was EA. I want to say it was something like NCAA 96 or 97

Edit: Jyoung beat me to it. I heard that NCAA made them quit, but that is merely a rumor.
The Genesis game was College Football USA '96. The '97 version also had playoffs, but it wasn't as good a game overall.

Even though it had a new name, the game was made by the same team that did Bill Walsh College Football (High Score Productions).

Bill Walsh '95 also had the option to go to a playoff system or to bowl games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
I didn't play the '98 version, but I know NCAA '99 let you have a 16-team playoff at the end of the season if you wanted to. They kept the playoff option in the game until the final PS1 version (NCAA 2001).

Once the series went to PS2, the playoff feature never came back.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-02-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #64
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey B
I think this article is right on. The only thing I want to do is take my Road to Glory Tim Riggins to the playoffs and win it all under the Jerry-tron!
Tim Riggins. Lol
Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose!

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »