Home

Anyone else going generated names this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone else going generated names this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
Rookie

GeneralMike's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else going generated names this year?

The one year I did generated names, was the most fun I ever had with NCAA in this current gen. Maybe it was because I used a team I had no familiarity with (Western Michigan) so I had no beliefs about who should be a stud and who shouldn't be. I think I would have a more difficult time using generic names with Rutgers.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Import has zero impact for me on naming. Importing was a broken feature.

I use named rosters because it adds a level of immersion for the first couple of years before I really have much of an impact on team building. Hopefully EA actually fixed the depth chart and roster bugs from years prior.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

im a huge gamecock fan so i just put in the names of all carolinas players names the night i get it in my dynasty and then wait for the rosters to drop to play online and in online dynasties
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #12
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

nope, real all the way, I can't do fake. As CParrish said, knowing so much about college football it would be annoying seeing some random name instead of who its supposed to be. I am however doing a for fun test dynasty before rosters are released and have already done some of the teams in team builder. I'm only doing my conference and will just import them over their team and have them named (USC over USC, Oregon over Oregon etc).
Old 07-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm a bit torn to be honest. I use all my sports games in whatever report I'm working on. Since I'm doing one from an RTG standpoint (not actually using RTG mode though), the lack of unity sets up a lot of work - maneuvering.

Since Madden 13 won't have draft classes - it's like NCAA is completely separate for once, and whatever I do in NCAA 13; won't make a lick of a difference in Madden. Ah - sucks.

IF I just play NCAA 13, I'll wait for named rosters. It will make me want to play my dynasty long after my "RTG" player is (hopefully) in the NFL.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

I made 12 Canadian teams so I'll slap them into dynasty and play with them (plus generated names) until the good rosters come out.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #15
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I can't see any real fan of college football using generated names and not seeing the point of waiting for the real names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

No way I'll use generated names. Real names make Dynasty 5x more enjoyable. Since Madden no longer supports roster importing, I no longer support Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »