Home

Spread Option Offense Tutorial

This is a discussion on Spread Option Offense Tutorial within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #25
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Spread Option Offense Tutorial

PowerofRed,

What are some good audibles to chose when running the spread option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #26
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
I always have slants, wr screen, hb screen, zone read, and 4 verts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use the foundation plays for the offense as my audibles.

Inside Zone Read
Outside Zone Read
Power Play (in game it is Offset HB Power, or at least something similar)
Bubble Screen
Read Play-Action Pass

If I need slants or something to beat a blitz, I have formation audibles for that.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
I'm constantly getting stuffed in the backfield on runnning plays from the spread. any suggestions?
I average around 7 yards per carry in the spread and I think the key is truly in spreading the ball around. The defense tends to pick someone to key on, in my experience they like to stuff anyone who recently had a huge game. I run a version of the read option for 40-60% of my play calls depending on how well the defense is playing it. You just have to become very disciplined in making the correct read and giving it to the proper guy even if you WANT to carry the ball with a different player. Lastly, as someone stated earlier regarding using the slants to stop blitzing. The idea of the spread even when it is run heavy is to stretch the defense, if the defense is selling out to stop the read option. I will play-action and bubble screen them, as well as use slants until they start defending the entire field and then I go back to zone reading them to death... Once you get the flow down, it isn't really fair at all.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #29
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

Thanks. I'm new to the spread as the heels just switched to it'd this year and I've always run pro style in the game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #30
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavatron
I average around 7 yards per carry in the spread and I think the key is truly in spreading the ball around. The defense tends to pick someone to key on, in my experience they like to stuff anyone who recently had a huge game. I run a version of the read option for 40-60% of my play calls depending on how well the defense is playing it. You just have to become very disciplined in making the correct read and giving it to the proper guy even if you WANT to carry the ball with a different player. Lastly, as someone stated earlier regarding using the slants to stop blitzing. The idea of the spread even when it is run heavy is to stretch the defense, if the defense is selling out to stop the read option. I will play-action and bubble screen them, as well as use slants until they start defending the entire field and then I go back to zone reading them to death... Once you get the flow down, it isn't really fair at all.
I haven't had to much success getting my bubble screen to work. I can run the read option all day. Any suggested bubble screen plays that work better than others?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #31
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavatron
I use the foundation plays for the offense as my audibles.

Inside Zone Read
Outside Zone Read
Power Play (in game it is Offset HB Power, or at least something similar)
Bubble Screen
Read Play-Action Pass

If I need slants or something to beat a blitz, I have formation audibles for that.
I'm unfamiliar with formation audibles. Where to set them up and how do you use them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #32
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

Setup everything in the custom playbook menu. I suggest using Oregon's playbook as a base and add/remove plays from there. Then you can set your audibles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »