Home

Official NCAA Tournament Rules and Settings?

This is a discussion on Official NCAA Tournament Rules and Settings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Official NCAA Tournament Rules and Settings?

A friend of mine runs a local used game store, and he asked me to help him run an NCAA 13 Football tournament next weekend because he knows very little about the games. I haven't ran NCAA in any kind of official competitive format in a few years. When I went to search for possible rules at places like MLG and others, I didn't find a whole lot of helpful info.

What are generally the base rules for a local NCAA football tournament? I don't have my copy of NCAA 12 anymore, or I would check to see what the ranked match rules are online. Also, what would be some suggested alterations to keep things fair (QTR length, etc.).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official NCAA Tournament Rules and Settings?

I run tournaments at walmart every year and if your store has approval to even run a tournament EA will send you a list of certain rules that need to be applied. Its nothing hard as long as everyone is having fun who cares lol. as long as your fair and the games have to be either 2 or 3 minute quarters, 1 lose = elimination, I make everyone play on AA diffuculty and Only one person can be that team no multiple teams in the tournament. i know i have missed some b/c Im running one monday night and i have to look over and rewrite my list of rules. O and I usually make people get there 45 minutes ahead of time so i can make the bracket and if they r late and we have already finished the first round then tuff luck they cant play.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

when you make the bracket make sure you make all the very good teams play each other and not have alabama playing like akron or something, it wouldnt be fair to the players. so if that akron team makes it out of the first round then no holds bars lol
Old 07-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think we might be doing this in tandem with a local Gamestop, so I might see if we can get a list of official rules from them.

Otherwise, I like the first come first serve team philosophy.

I don't know what to expect in this area for a tournament. When I was in high school, and online play wasn't as prominent, I'd guess it'd be pretty high. Especially since friendships have almost ended over earlier iterations of this series.

I'm thinking of doing 4 minute qtrs for low turnout, and 3 minutes if we're high.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownsFinest
I think we might be doing this in tandem with a local Gamestop, so I might see if we can get a list of official rules from them.

Otherwise, I like the first come first serve team philosophy.

I don't know what to expect in this area for a tournament. When I was in high school, and online play wasn't as prominent, I'd guess it'd be pretty high. Especially since friendships have almost ended over earlier iterations of this series.

I'm thinking of doing 4 minute qtrs for low turnout, and 3 minutes if we're high.
just letting u know i ran a 3minutes last year and it went from 8pm til almost 4am i was so exhausted
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »