Home

NCAA Football 13 The Gaming Tailgate Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 The Gaming Tailgate Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #25
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Football 13 The Gaming Tailgate Review

Reports that coaching carousel went untouched. Awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #26
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

First and foremost, TGT always goes in with their reviews -- very honest opinions. I love them for that.

Second, Cover 2 Man can/should cover 4 verticals without many issues. Explaining it would go into WR/CB interaction and techniques that will derail the thread but if the kids play it the way Coach Jerz coaches it -- they will be fine
Old 07-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
First and foremost, TGT always goes in with their reviews -- very honest opinions. I love them for that.

Second, Cover 2 Man can/should cover 4 verticals without many issues. Explaining it would go into WR/CB interaction and techniques that will derail the thread but if the kids play it the way Coach Jerz coaches it -- they will be fine

He's not talking about cover 2 man, at least as far as I could tell. He's talking about Cover 2 zone, which Verts was designed to beat.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #28
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
He's not talking about cover 2 man, at least as far as I could tell. He's talking about Cover 2 zone, which Verts was designed to beat.
I think what he was getting at, zone or man, is that the 2 deep safeties simply aren't getting deep enough to cover ANY of the vertical routes. It is the same thing I noticed in the demo, any vertical route results in the safety having a weird delayed reaction in which the deep route flies past him.

These guys should be getting as deep as the deepest and they just don't seem to. That's what I took from the review anyway, I think Four Verts was just the example play.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #29
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

It will definitely be something to lab and check. Theoretically, cover 4 should be the "4 verts stopper." But, if the zone coverages aren't getting deep enough or stumbling in coverage (which seems like a locomotion problem), then that's an issue. Hopefully it's not too hard to fix.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #30
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4

aaaaaaaaand preorder canceled.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #31
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It will definitely be something to lab and check. Theoretically, cover 4 should be the "4 verts stopper." But, if the zone coverages aren't getting deep enough or stumbling in coverage (which seems like a locomotion problem), then that's an issue. Hopefully it's not too hard to fix.
Exactly, it should be an easy test. We'll see. What I was seeing in the demo was that it was like a half second delay, almost like they were caught peaking in the backfield, before taking a drop step and turning to run with the WR. It almost seemed like a reaction time thing, which is why I was hoping it can be tuned via sliders.

From the impressions thread, I noticed someone saying sliders seemed to have a more obvious impact on pass D and pass rush, so maybe the delayed reaction time can just be tweaked via sliders and its no problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #32
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

Is anyone surprised? This game will be halfway decent once the 3rd patch drops. That will likely be in October sometime. Oh well, I'll stick with the Show and NBA 2k until Madden comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »