Home

Getting to be Head Coach at Alma Mater Question

This is a discussion on Getting to be Head Coach at Alma Mater Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Getting to be Head Coach at Alma Mater Question

Is it harder to become a head coach starting off as a coordinator at your alma mater or being a coordinator elsewhere? My alma mater has finally been added to this years game so I definitely want to be head coach there and build them up.

But I didn't know if it was inpossible to become HC if you started off as coordinator there since you could possible extend the head coaches job if you did yours well and started winning a bunch.

Since my alma mater is rated one of the worst teams in the game (Texas State, formerly Southwest Texas State) I am sure it will be an interesting rise either way, lol.

Jagmas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Getting to be Head Coach at Alma Mater Question

My alma mater is west point. Its difficult but very rewarding. I always start as hc.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, if it's Texas State, I don't think anyone would blame you for just starting as head coach.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

the good thing about starting at a small school like you is that you'll start in a great recruiting state. either way you wanted to do it is fine.
Chicago White Sox
Old 07-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmas
But I didn't know if it was inpossible to become HC if you started off as coordinator there since you could possible extend the head coaches job if you did yours well and started winning a bunch.
This will be a big issue to overcome. You probably have a better chance being a coordinator somewhere else and hope for an opening to come along where you would be considered for the HC position at your alma mater.

Or, you could cheat the system and change your HC's age to a couple years younger than the max and hope to be promoted when he retires.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Alma Mater is really who you want to end with. If your "dream" job is to coach a 6* team, then I would select your favorite top team as your Alma Mater. It makes it SO much easier to get to the top. Unless your dream job is Texas State, I would select a different one.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would start elsewhere (coordinator or HC) and hope for the invite.

I tried this last year, and what happened was I built up the school and the HC kept progressing and getting extended. I eventually gave up and left - taking a HC job in a rival school - and beat my alma matter back into submission. The HC eventually was fired after a few seasons as they fell apart, and I was offered the HC job then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »