Home

Recruiting Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Recruiting Gems and Busts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #81
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Recruiting Gems and Busts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Is that really how the gem/bust feature works? I would consider a gem or bust somebody that ends up differently than what you've scouted, regardless of how much you scout them. If you can just sniff out these 'busts' by scouting, then they aren't actually a bust.
I must say that reading this thread has disappointed me regarding the gems and busts. I was hoping that you wouldn't find out if a kid was a stud or dud until he had some games under his belt. The fact that you can scout him and find out his actual ratings before recruiting him really takes away from the gem or bust experience, at least for me. Maybe I'm not quite understanding this gem or bust system since I don't have the game yet.

Last edited by crques; 07-09-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #82
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
im at texas state also but run a pro offense. since last season overall speed hasnt seemed as important as accel. If they are very fast they normally have low accel which makes them really only good for deep routes. i find the big possession wr's that catch well to be better for routes and catching. but its always relevant to the sliders and game level.
I don't look at the grades of the ratings before putting them on my list. I go by 40 time and the WRs that I have brought in have had accel that is up there with their speed. I do get what you are saying about guys that have 95 speed and like 75 accel it defeats the purpose. I like them both to be in the mid-high 80s or better.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #83
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

your given a overall for a player from the beginning.

then you have 3 hrs. to recruit each week.

lets say your player is 72 overall. you have letter grades for all the prospects attributes just like last year.

lets say you scout for 30 mins. you may now have around 30% of him scouted and it turns those letters into actually numbers. so you might have 4 things change from a letter to a number.

the players overall now says. 70 -2 because a few of those letters were not right. they were to high and your scout figured this out.

the more time you spend on the player the more accurate his overall will be.

also you can be at 50% of the recruits scout card and it says hes a 70 and still a 70 after 50% scouted so you think hes pretty much a 70. but this could change, he could still change a good bit on the back half of the scouting report.

the game calls guys a bust if they reduce by over 6 points from original score or a gem if they go over 6 points. but you have to scout to the point that you get that far ahead or behind.

also if you dont want to know what they are (gem, bust) just don't scout and it will be a surprise when you get them. problem solved.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #84
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
your given a overall for a player from the beginning.

then you have 3 hrs. to recruit each week.

lets say your player is 72 overall. you have letter grades for all the prospects attributes just like last year.

lets say you scout for 30 mins. you may now have around 30% of him scouted and it turns those letters into actually numbers. so you might have 4 things change from a letter to a number.

the players overall now says. 70 -2 because a few of those letters were not right. they were to high and your scout figured this out.

the more time you spend on the player the more accurate his overall will be.

also you can be at 50% of the recruits scout card and it says hes a 70 and still a 70 after 50% scouted so you think hes pretty much a 70. but this could change, he could still change a good bit on the back half of the scouting report.

the game calls guys a bust if they reduce by over 6 points from original score or a gem if they go over 6 points. but you have to scout to the point that you get that far ahead or behind.

also if you dont want to know what they are (gem, bust) just don't scout and it will be a surprise when you get them. problem solved.
ok thanks for clarifying. that makes more sense to me now. as far as your last sentence, that probably will be the case for me most times anyway. i've always loved recruiting, but with 2 little ones and a full-time job it is hard to find that extra time to explore just how deep it goes on these games the past few years.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #85
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
I love how they update your recruiting pitches after every game. I'm trying to get tho QB who is a gem and when he visited my playin style was a B- for him. The game he came was a 62-52 shoot out on heisman I won where my qb went 43/58 568 yards 6 TDS. After the game when I went to recruit him playing style was A+. He's a pocket passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #86
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I have a current qb recruit with the gem tag yes. Can't say anything further as I'm still recruiting him.
Don't want an NCAA violation on your hands
Old 07-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 8

I Just did some testing on 20 QB's that had no top 10 in week 1 and all of them went backwards once scouted except 1 that went from a 61 to a 63. I have a feeling that interest level might tip the hand a little on ratings.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #88
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
ok thanks for clarifying. that makes more sense to me now. as far as your last sentence, that probably will be the case for me most times anyway. i've always loved recruiting, but with 2 little ones and a full-time job it is hard to find that extra time to explore just how deep it goes on these games the past few years.
you will like it man, the scouting adds alot but they made alot of changes other than that. you will enjoy. you could even limit yourself to say like 30 mins tops for scouting a player. wont be enough to tell if good or bad but will give you a hint. i also think that whatever players you add preseason get scouted some to start. need to look at that again but seemed like they were all scouted to around 50% in the first week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »