Home

Possible workaround for too many screen plays

This is a discussion on Possible workaround for too many screen plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Possible workaround for too many screen plays

We shouldn't have to do this and i would understand if many choose not to. But for those interested, here is a workaround for the screen play always getting busted up for loses or sacks. Here's what i did. Whether you are in a dynasty or exhibition, edit playbook of the team you will play against. Delete most if not all screen plays. There are many, which explains why the cpu is always calling for them. Once done, save the playbook then choose it for the team you are playing against when on the controller screen before you are about to play. No need for 2 controllers. Just select opponents side, change to the playbook you just edited, then go back to the side of the team you are playing with. Not genius by any stretch of the imagination. But if this bug really bothers you, it's the only workaround if and until it gets patched.

Last edited by mooch49; 07-08-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Possible workaround for too many screen plays

yea that's what a lot of people have done, just taken out the screen passes in a custom playbook. Problem is you gotta do that before every game because each team runs a different offense. Unless you just give them all the same playbook.

It's a joke we have to figure out way around this. To release a game with a problem like this is embarassing.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea that's what a lot of people have done, just taken out the screen passes in a custom playbook. Problem is you gotta do that before every game because each team runs a different offense. Unless you just give them all the same playbook.

It's a joke we have to figure out way around this. To release a game with a problem like this is embarassing.
Yep completely unacceptable. Plus even if we do this workaround it takes away from the cat n mouse side of things a bit because you basically know there is no screen coming. I just leave 1 or 2 in just for honesty. But still the whole thing is absurd. It's a shame because there is a good game in here.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

can you do this in an online dynasty? if so I may just create 4 or 5 playbook types. (spread, pro, Westcoast,option.) and select the proper one for the team I play. are there any other broken plays that don't work (for the cpu) that need to be removed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »