Home

NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #33
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 13 Is About To Suffer The Same Fate As Fight Night Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhibes
Operation Sports: Where everything is such a ****ing travesty.
Lol your right. This site totally bums me out big time. Generally im enjoying the game and I'm waiting on some slider sets to hopefully fix some of the problems.

I totally respect some of the guys who have been playing for so long and see the same problems over and over though. Personally I think EA has done as much as it can/wants this Gen.

Its a well known thought though that people are way more likely to voice a complaint than voice praise so keep that in mind those who enjoy the game.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

I find it funny alot of yall say other people think the game is flawed or bad . ...How do u feel it plays...?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #35
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I find it funny alot of yall say other people think the game is flawed or bad . ...How do u feel it plays...?
If your referring to me I said in my post I enjoy it generally.

Sure I see the problems but at the moment I can see past them or try and work around them. Hopefully sliders can fix some issues. I know this game can abd should be better but i guess im a glass full kind of guy.

I'm maybe a bit more tolerant of the game having only been playing since 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #36
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Lol your right. This site totally bums me out big time. Generally im enjoying the game and I'm waiting on some slider sets to hopefully fix some of the problems.

I totally respect some of the guys who have been playing for so long and see the same problems over and over though. Personally I think EA has done as much as it can/wants this Gen.

Its a well known thought though that people are way more likely to voice a complaint than voice praise so keep that in mind those who enjoy the game.
Think the bolded part hit it on the head. We can hope for all these things, God knows I'm on here lobbying for A LOT, but the fact of the matter is EA is done with NCAA this gen. Why risk total failure trying to reach you potential when you can do what you've been doing and come out well on top?

I'm not going to drop a BS "well stop buying the game" line, every last one of us on OS could not buy the game and it wouldn't even be a blip on NCAA's bottom line. We've just got to accept it is what it is and we have to hope it works well enough to be salvaged with a little user love and care. Will that stop me from banging the drum for stuff I want fixed or in the game? God no. But I'm also not losing any sleep knowing it'll never happen.

Of course if the situation the OP mentioned happened to NCAA this year, EA would hemorrhage consumers. They can't afford another 'patch one thing, break two more' fiasco.

Last edited by PowerofRed25; 07-09-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #37
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
They can't afford another 'patch one thing, break two more' fiasco.

yet every year this is what we see in the releases. ncaa 12 was terrible and was a big step backwards compared to ncaa 11. yet this is the trend since next gen released. it takes them years to fix some stuff and then they completely break other aspects of the game.

ive more or less given up on this years game. i will probably rent it or borrow it from a friend to try it at least, but i cannot stomach the idea of buying this game anymore. ive moved on and bought fifa12 shortly after i bought ncaa12 last year and im still playing fifa. in fact it is getting more play time then the show. its sad when i have to resort to "world football" to get my sports fix.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #38
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Think the bolded part hit it on the head. We can hope for all these things, God knows I'm on here lobbying for A LOT, but the fact of the matter is EA is done with NCAA this gen. Why risk total failure trying to reach you potential when you can do what you've been doing and come out well on top?

I'm not going to drop a BS "well stop buying the game" line, every last one of us on OS could not buy the game and it wouldn't even be a blimp on NCAA's bottom line. We've just got to accept it is what it is and we have to hope it works well enough to be salvaged with a little user love and care. Will that stop me from banging the drum for stuff I want fixed or in the game? God no. But I'm also not losing any sleep knowing it'll never happen.

Of course if the situation the OP mentioned happened to NCAA this year, EA would hemorrhage consumers. They can't afford another 'patch one thing, break two more' fiasco.
I agree that, with the next generation console looming on the horizon, EA is not going to look to make great leaps and bounds with this generation of NCAA. That said, they need to be real careful in terms of how they handle what they are putting out now as you mentioned. It's one thing to debate buying a game that has grown marginally.....it's another thing altogether to have to hope that the game functions as it should. For example, improving the passing game is great but if but if safeties let receivers blow by them then the whole point of buying this year's iteration is moot.

As to the OP's concern.....I don't think NCAA is going to disappear anytime soon with the new platforms coming out (probably next year) but EA is going to have to start to address bugs/glitches in a timely and effective manner or there will be a stigma of unreliability on this franchise that will take a while to shake off (just as car manufacturers that produce a line of cars with ongoing defects have to not only correct the problem but embark on a p.r. campaign to win the trust of the consumer back).
Old 07-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1

There is more to it than that. People will be more willing to wait for patches for a game like NCAA because there is much more replay value whereas for Fight Night, there is hardly any. Why wait around for tuners/patches for a game that you would play once through?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #40
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

This topic isn't news, it happens every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »