Home

So where are the Great/Good impressions?

This is a discussion on So where are the Great/Good impressions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I was wondering the same thing about the new passing. Everyone loves it because they are having success with it. Would everyone be so happy if they were 13/21 for 156 yards?
Pretty much these are comparable to my stats and yes I love the passing. Win or lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: So where are the Great/Good impressions?

On heisman with sliders, passing is not so easy.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, when you have knuckleheads like the guys at machinima sports giving you feedback you can't expect too much.

If you didn't see their video conference w/ Ben you won't understand what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I think people who really hate the game fall into 3 catagories.

Equipment guys: The socks and helmets aren't all in the game making it unplayable.

Bug guys: Some of them are levit complaints others aren't. People will go on and on about the game being filled with bugs, but never specify a one. The guys who specify is who you should listen to.

EA bashers: They talk like they've never played the game, speak in real generic terms and use it all to ride EA. I think EA is far from perfect, but lying to prove your point isn't helping.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #13
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
Actually the reviews that have been released do factor in previous years. I think even IGN, (maybe a diff one) stated that if you still have 12', you could pass on buying 13' if you wanted. All games have their bugs, and EA just happens to have more. To say a game is a definite don't buy, or that it deserves no more than a 3/10, is just trolling. It's like saying that some of the worse games created that have gotten better reviews than that, are better made games. I guess it all boils down to people's expectations being too high for a video game. I would just like to see some well constructed criticism for impressions, rather than all negative. I don't care how much someone dislikes the game, it can't be all negative.
Most of those review sites don't look at football the same way people around here do. They approach the game like kids, casual gamers, and casual fans do. They are concerned more with the overall aspects of the game and don't really dive into details like hardcore football fans/gamers do. If it looks like football, sounds like football, has some cool animations, and generally gives them a pleasant time, they're not going to come down on the game because they don't have any speed rushes, double-team blocking is nonexistent on passes, wishbone CPU AI is bad, linemen don't engage defenders before leaking out on screen passes like they should, etc. These are smaller details for them and don't really detract from the experience.

The guy from IGN especially falls into this category. If you've ever seen him play the game (and he even mentions this in the beginning of his review), he's the kind of guy that drops back 20 yards and scrambles sideline to sideline before throwing a 50 yard bomb off his back foot to the opposite side of the field. Obviously, just because he plays like that doesn't mean all of them do, and just because you like the game doesn't mean you're just a casual gamer, but as far as reviewers go, they look at the game in a much more general sense then someone looking for a football sim who is looking at all the little details.

I freely admit that I've grown so tired of these games that I can't hardly play them when I get the opportunity, but the game isn't terrible. It's just average. It does a little bit of everything, but it doesn't do anything really well on the field in my opinion. So for those that don't really care about those little details and just want to play some football, you can have a really good time playing. For someone like me, who's constantly looking at the little details, I can't hardly get past the opening kickoff without shaking my head at something (zig-zag running, bad foot planting, static/patty-cake blocking). That's why you get such a wide gap in reviews/impressions.

And as for why there are so many more negative posts about the game when the community seems to be 50-50, 60-40 right now? Well, they're busy playing the game. If I had a football game I enjoyed, I wouldn't be wasting a bunch of my time on a forum ... I'd be playing. lol
Old 07-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I was wondering the same thing about the new passing. Everyone loves it because they are having success with it. Would everyone be so happy if they were 13/21 for 156 yards?
I just had a game in which I was 10 of 25 and I loved it because I understood why I missed so many passes most of them being my fault.

I think this game is great easily the best NCAA ever and the reason I haven't posted much about it is because I'm having too much fun playing
Old 07-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

The reason you don't see swells of good/great impressions is because complainers are always the loudest ... like anywhere else.

Personally, I'm having a great time with the game. Based on recommendations, I put it on Heisman ... and it's giving a great challenge without being cheesy like I've experienced in the past. I've always been a Varsity/AA guy due to that.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Like I've said the improvements from 12 really really sit with me well and I've had a blast with it. Ncaa 12 was a bore to me but 13 has caught my attention and can't wait for the rosters.

I think some people just look for reason to hate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »