Home

lets discuss game speed

This is a discussion on lets discuss game speed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: lets discuss game speed

Fast is the best IMO because it captures the split second decisions you have to make as a player IRL. Routes are run at the correct speed and when passing you have to read the coverage quickly and get the ball out. On slow the animations take forever, you have all day to scan the field with the slow dropback, etc. Fast players are still fast and slower players are still slow. I think some people expect their runners to get to the outside everytime by sprinting instead of having numbers and letting their blocks develop.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpartans11
Fast is the best IMO because it captures the split second decisions you have to make as a player IRL. Routes are run at the correct speed and when passing you have to read the coverage quickly and get the ball out. On slow the animations take forever, you have all day to scan the field with the slow dropback, etc. Fast players are still fast and slower players are still slow. I think some people expect their runners to get to the outside everytime by sprinting instead of having numbers and letting their blocks develop.
You are talking like if you were a player in the actual game..You are not...You are watching the game

You are saying this like if the qb was moving at fast as opposed to the rest of the players moving slow. That is far from the truth

the game at normal speed is like playing nfl blitz

but to each their own
Old 07-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
Rookie

sub9er's Arena

OVR: 4

very slow is more fun for me more time to see whats going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
Rookie

420 others's Arena

OVR: 2

Fast. matches real life. split second decisions. realistic 40's.
Slow. slow.
Very slow.veeeerrrrryyyy sllloooowwwwww.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini4life
thats not the real point of game speed. if you play at a faster speed then that means all players will run virtually the same speed even defensive lineman and offensive lineman will be able to keep up with running backs. The slower the speed the greater gap you create between fast players and slow players.
Just turn down threshold. I get seperation.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
You are talking like you play in the actual nfl or ncaa game. The speed of the game is not as fast to the naked eye watching tv then it is to the actual players on the field.

We are not the players in the game, we are watching the game like a game on tv and you cannot sit here and tell me that normal game speed in ncaa or madden is as normal as what you see on your tv in real life on sat or sun

very slow to me provides better animation depth and better foot planting trajectory even though we know it lacks in this area.

playing on normal or fast like you do is like playing pinball
If you watch it in person you can see the difference. Playing on slow or very slow is the most boring way to play a game.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
You are talking like if you were a player in the actual game..You are not...You are watching the game

You are saying this like if the qb was moving at fast as opposed to the rest of the players moving slow. That is far from the truth

the game at normal speed is like playing nfl blitz

but to each their own
No, he's saying, in his opinion, fast does the best job of simulating the speed of what he sees on TV. Normal is NOTHING like playing NFL. Slow and Very Slow is like watching the slo mo replay.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #16
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Play it on slow. All day every day.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »