Home

lets discuss game speed

This is a discussion on lets discuss game speed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #17
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: lets discuss game speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
If you watch it in person you can see the difference. Playing on slow or very slow is the most boring way to play a game.
I got season tix to the giants. I know the speed of the game when I sit at the stadium and watch it. I am not playing, I am watching just like when we play ncaa or madden.

you must treat the game like when you watch a game on tv. which is what you are doing in fact

you are not being some type of real life player by playing on fast because it makes you react quicker. It does not it is the same thing as slow or very slow

the difference is that the speed of the movement is in tune with how it should look on tv and on normal or fast it looks like fast forwarding a bad movie

but to each his own
Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
Rookie

OUByron's Arena

OVR: 1

Very Slow, Threshold at 0
Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLegendOS
I got season tix to the giants. I know the speed of the game when I sit at the stadium and watch it. I am not playing, I am watching just like when we play ncaa or madden.

you must treat the game like when you watch a game on tv. which is what you are doing in fact

you are not being some type of real life player by playing on fast because it makes you react quicker. It does not it is the same thing as slow or very slow

the difference is that the speed of the movement is in tune with how it should look on tv and on normal or fast it looks like fast forwarding a bad movie

but to each his own
I have played football and even in high school that game is faster than slow. You have soooo much time to make ur reads on slows. And once you've played the game at a real life speed slowing it down just makes the game less real.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #20
Rookie

Ge1dertron's Arena

OVR: 1

I usually settle in at slow with the threshold at 0. Very slow is a tad too slow for my taste.

As noted, normal/fast are just ridiculous. I'm hoping they have tweaked those levels.

In all honesty, I wish they would just do away with the settings for speed and difficulty so the AI has less opportunities to monkey around with the gameplay. Let the sliders be the only way to alter the simulation for those who want more or less of a challenge.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

From reading this thread it's apparent a lot of folks aren't aware of, or misinformed about game speed. Threshold controls the difference in fast and slow players, not game speed. Play it however you like but don't confuse folks about threshold and game speed.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #22
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

There isn't going to be a right or wrong answer in this discussion. It's just great to have the option to play on whatever speed works for you. Thanks EA!!....'bout freakin' time
Old 07-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #23
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
There isn't going to be a right or wrong answer in this discussion. It's just great to have the option to play on whatever speed works for you. Thanks EA!!....'bout freakin' time
Yeah, definitely one of the better additions to Madden/NCAA this generation of consoles.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #24
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Yeah, definitely one of the better additions to Madden/NCAA this generation of consoles.
I remember playing "09 and this setting wasn't available and if it was it wasn't fast enough.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »