Home

The Official How's Your Dynasty Going Thread NCAA 13

This is a discussion on The Official How's Your Dynasty Going Thread NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
I do not like how we get to try and keep players from leaving. Promises? Really?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Official How's Your Dynasty Going Thread NCAA 13

6-3 now after losing a heartbreaker to Utah State and getting mauled by La Tech. Offense is keeping up their end but the defense has the depth of a Mr. Turtle pool.

Unrelated note, fooling around with the RG3 Heisman Challenge, I have a gripe with the option run I did from 5 yards out. Ran it in with RG3 but for some reason the game didn't register it as a TD and while 2 yards into the endzone, the game still pitched it to the HB who ran it in and got credit for the touchdown. Haven't seen anything like that in dynasty so far, but I hope option plays don't become an issue.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #51
Pro

Just had a 3* ATH rated from a 68 to 75 stolen from me by Oregon in the 2nd to last week in the offseason. Dang

Anyone know if conference invites still happen if you build a program up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
I do not like how we get to try and keep players from leaving. Promises? Really?
so don't try to keep the players then.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #53
Rookie

Just got the game!

I live in the Burgh so I started one with Pitt. On Heisman Recruiting and with Hartstoppers H Sliders.

1-0 and already got a 4 star WR and a 3 star TE and T to commit.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
so don't try to keep the players then.
Ok. Good advice
Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've got a HC UTSA dynasty going with custom conferences by region with relegation. I'm in a conf with 8 other TX/OK/CO/NM/etc crap teams. I limited myself to 2 FCS games but scheduled my other 2 agains umass and another 1*. I sim all away games and play all home games.

Some good & bad:

- 5-4 right now, with rivalry game with texas state waiting for me when i get home. Should be winnable.
- So far, loving how scouting works out. Already a few gems, already dropped a few busts, and just generally liking the new complexity that it adds.
- I'm slightly concerned about the ease of the new recruiting - specifically how you get into the top 10. In the past as a 1* team I could usually land a relatively strong class, including 10-15 3* and 1-2 4*s. The thing is - you had to really search for em and you had to WORK to get into their top10. Once you were there, if they were ignored it was smooth sailing. This year, i'm ~2/3s of the way through the season and I already have 15 commits and 7 more that should pop any week now. I'll hit my limit early with time to spare.
- injuries are killing me. In week 2 i lost my QB (for 8 weeks) who is an absolute beast for a 1* team - and really was my entire offense. I struggled away and in week 6 i lost my backup for the season. Thankfully i had some byes and only ate 2 losses due to a 48 OVR QB starting... Also, my starting HB apparently has a inj rating of 3 and needs to sit out a quarter after every other run. Needless to say, i'm VERY glad i have 25 recruits ready to come in as I desperately need the depth.
- oddly enough - i've done very well on D this year - but struggled badly on O. It is usually quite the opposite, but my D has saved my bacon in quite a few games. A few of my crappy O games were due to playing a 3rd stringer, but even with my starter i haven't been able to light it up like i was hoping.

Now if only the clock would tick faster at work and i could finish off my season tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #56
Rookie

Haven't started yet but when I do I'm going with Stanford in the post Andrew Luck era!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »