Home

NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
I must say that this is probably one of the more accurate and intelligent reviews of a sports games that I've ever read. I'm a hard-core NCAA football fan so it was a no-brainer... I was going to buy this game (and hope for the best as far as improving on the previous year's edition). As far as NCAA 2012 is concerned, I've probably played through a dozen seasons in the past six months. I liked 2012. Maybe a bit more than 2011, but I liked it. I just started playing 2013 today and it all seems very familiar to me. I'm not that interested in the Heisman Challenge; no appeal to me what-so-ever. But some might like it as a diversion from the Dynasty Mode. The commentary is different, but that doesn't work for me. I'm more about the mechanics of the game and the reviewer it the nail right on the head, it still needs work. Which is okay with me because it means there's hope for a NCAA 2014 if the designers take to heart these types of reviews.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #74
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm excited, but I have to say, I'm concerned EA didn't spend enough time to realize the left South Alabama OUT OF THE GAME! Shouldn't one of the people working at EA noticed this? They got the other newcomers and they technically came to the dance AFTER the Jaguars. I was actually a little excited to take on the challenge of one of the new schools too - either Texas State or South Alabama and to realize the forgot the entire team is just mind boggling.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #75
Rookie

richie923's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

I'm glad I held out on buying the game because of the lack of the 2 Bar Revo Speed. It looks like it was a blessing in disguise. I saved $60. I was really looking forward to buying and enjoying this game but it looks less and less likely the more I read.

I'll get my CFB fix by watching ESPNUs Top Games of 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #76
Banned

i haven't played ncaa since 11 and i did enjoy it then.. i wish they brought back 1-aa teams back to series though... i'm not big fan of teambuilder whatsoever..
Old 07-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #77
Banned

This post just shows how bad this guy is at the game. NCaA 13 does not feel like past games. and are more realistic than the past games. Defense stal no. Defense is awesome. Passing game awesome. and so is the run game. And a running QB is going to be able to run for 100 to 200 yards every time because it happens in real life College football. NCAA 13 is a very great fun game to play. Don't like it don't play it. simple. Madden 13 will be better because it's the NFL. But both Games are Different and great. Like Real life NFL and NCaA football. I will be playing both games year around. Guys that did not get NCaA 13 your missing out on the Fun. But will be just as happy with madden. Good post. But just wrong in so many ways.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #78
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
You lost unbiased professionalism with me in your review by way of three parts of your article:

First (and right off the bat) - "This year's NCAA Football 13 comes packed with enhancements to the passing game, presentation and dynasty mode -- but it is missing the real time physics engine which Madden is going to be debuting in a month." .....shows your bias towards Madden. It also hints at you knowing more than anyone else knows, and that kind of mysteriously vague thinking and wording from folks at this website is getting old. Spill the facts or don't say anything at all about a game because otherwise you all sound like salesmen or paid critics per one product to demote another product.

Second - "The same old problems are still present in many areas, and honestly it's hard to get excited about the title with Madden's big improvements coming up." ......again shows your bias towards Madden. You ever read the Madden forums? There's a lot missing in that game and many, many upset about it...except 99% of you mods for some reason...and you keep finding ways to uber-over-promote Madden compared to any other sports game (other sports games not having fans so livid, that is).

Third - "If you are a pro fan who uses NCAA as a bridge to Madden don't buy it. You will regret it because the games are no longer linked with draft class exports and more importantly Madden will render NCAA technically obsolete within a month..." ......more importantly? More importantly you should have left your bias at the door or let someone not in love with Madden write the review.

I'm sure you and others are about to just lose it and flame out on me...but I would hope logic wins out since I'm only reacting to your own words, and I am spared.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #79
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Good fair review. Thanks for saving me $65!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3
Finally a review which calls out some of the deal breaking issues in gameplay. They lost me last year, but I was waiting and hoping to see reason to buy...on the first night when I saw all the "bugs and glitches" I knew I wasn't coming back. Maybe Madden, def NHL13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »