Home

NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #33
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Thanks OS for a very fair review. I believe this is the lowest NCAA as far as I can remember.

Sad to see that its only marginally better than 12.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
Rookie

Stafford2Johnson's Arena

OVR: 10
I thought you were the one posting reasons NCAA would top Madden :| ? maybe not idk.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #35
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Pretty sure Chris meant "lighting", not "lightning". The lighting updates after every play this year.
Thanks for the explanation. I thought there might have been the addition of a new visual. I haven't had time to find out what all was new in the game. Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #36
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Fair enough review

The guys who want The Show, Fifa, GT/FORZA, NBA 2k type realism and authenticity are still going to be disappointed

Its not that type of game yet Sadly

At this point it is still more of a Novelty type game based on elements of football....I sort of think of it as a Movie Based on a book who had changed things because they thought it fit the format better

The movie is still fun for some but the hardcore Book followers of years can easily still feel like they didn't see the whole essence of what made them love the book so much

Ive had to develop a high tolerance level to get some old school level fun factor from these games.....But I think Ive finally reached my limit......The terrible OL/DL Play with the Super DTs racking up all the pressure/sacks is just a major obstacle for me now.....And I just don't think they improved the game enough in other areas for me to spend the cash on it this year
Problem is that I have MLB 12 The Show, NBA 2k 11 and 12 and FIFA 12. Having those games makes EA football games that much more disappointing.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2
I couldn't agree more about your impressions of playing defense. The whole experience on defense is an exercise in frustration for me because you simply do not have precise control of the man your are manually controlling and he simply does not respond to user input on the controller in a slpit second fashion (which is needed to make quick plays on the ball).
Old 07-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #38
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm waiting for Black Friday to buy it cheap, with FIFA 13 and NBA 2K13 coming out, I can only afford to buy two full price games and those two look like the ones I'll be purchashing
Old 07-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0
I picked up my copy this morning and really like it so far. Being a longtime Bama fan i was disappointed to not open my season in Arlington at Cowboys stadium against Michigan since it is in the game during Bowl season. I didn't really get why they make you play at Michigan stadium in week 1 if Cowboy stadium is in the game, other than that the gameplay is pretty solid.
The commentary needs a makeover bigtime, it is pretty much the same as NCAA 12.. Got a laugh when they did the espn update during my week 1 and Kirk says "Here are 2 Big powerhouses going head to head" , he was talking about North Texas vs LSU? You can pretty much predict what they are going to say going from NCAA 12.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

Well written and fair review!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »