Home

Dont blame the producers of NCAA 13

This is a discussion on Dont blame the producers of NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Dont blame the producers of NCAA 13

Hi guys. I just wanted to give my two cents on why this game has not reached the level where it should be on this generation of consoles. It is obvious that the lack of a competing college football title has really hurt this franchise. If the NCAA team knew here was another game on the market, they would strive to make a more "bug free" game. However, I don't think it is the producers fault necessarily. I don't think the NCAA team has as many resources or as much money to work with as the Madden team or the FIFA team. FIFA is sold world wide and Madden has always out sold NCAA by a mile. If you were an EA exec what would you put more money into? Do I think the NCAA team could have a bigger vision? Yes. Do I think they let some things slip every year because they can? Yes. However, I really don't think we should blame Ben and the rest of the team for every issue that has come up on this generation's NCAA games. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Dont blame the producers of NCAA 13

I think we should blame them, their team needs a complete overhaul the way madden has had. Its time for a change. These guys are not getting it done. The fact they have no competition is not true, they have to compete with every other game on the market. Including madden, which many more people buy instead of this.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
I think that you are like a crazy mad scientist. Some of the glitches that still exist have existed for two or three years now. They try to do things like the "Gamechangers" but it doesn't look like it helps to me. Its a disappointment to me that they can have their own tv show, but cannot get the game 90-95% correct. Its very disappointing for a diehard college football fan like me, when I knew stuff about a team like Missouri's new jerseys months in the past, and they fail to include them.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornfan
Hi guys. I just wanted to give my two cents on why this game has not reached the level where it should be on this generation of consoles. It is obvious that the lack of a competing college football title has really hurt this franchise. If the NCAA team knew here was another game on the market, they would strive to make a more "bug free" game. However, I don't think it is the producers fault necessarily. I don't think the NCAA team has as many resources or as much money to work with as the Madden team or the FIFA team. FIFA is sold world wide and Madden has always out sold NCAA by a mile. If you were an EA exec what would you put more money into? Do I think the NCAA team could have a bigger vision? Yes. Do I think they let some things slip every year because they can? Yes. However, I really don't think we should blame Ben and the rest of the team for every issue that has come up on this generation's NCAA games. What do you guys think?
So basically you're saying don't blame the NCAA team because there is no other competition so they are allowed to do a half-assed job?

I think you need to wake up and stop apologizing for them. The biggest issue is that the game needs a complete overhaul and that's not happening until new systems come out so it's never going to get that much better on these systems. The other issue is this development team has no clue what direction they are going in. They are all over the place.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

A complete overhaul would be nice; however, it's not absolutely needed. Some of the little issues that get brought up year in year out and requests of things similar to last gen consoles are still do not get addressed. And new modes are great, but what use is a new mode when it's implemented with problems.

Maybe they fixed recruit weights and size for typical positions this year; I don't know but it took way to long to do it if they did. And that's somewhat part of the reason I've lost interest because I've bought the past seasons and witnessed the same kind of bugs and bad implementation that I don't have faith in anything now.

And little things such as logos and fields missing - It's just not acceptable. Like one of the MSU guys pointed out about the Trojan head instead of the S or like some people point out with Legion Field .. And the little I read about Notre Dame's helmets - I may be wrong but I feel like those are things that would seem to be relatively quick and easy fixes that would go a long way with a lot of people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Ben Hamburglar needs to stop stuffing his fat face and do a better job at making a clean game IMO.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
Ben Hamburglar needs to stop stuffing his fat face and do a better job at making a clean game IMO.
yea this game is not realistic at all, I should have had 63 on Clemson by the beginning of the third quarter - must be a major glitch
Old 07-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wv06
yea this game is not realistic at all, I should have had 63 on Clemson by the beginning of the third quarter - must be a major glitch
This is fantastic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »