Home

NCAA 13 PS3 Anyone else have game play lag

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 PS3 Anyone else have game play lag within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA 13 PS3 Anyone else have game play lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprisoned
That's just weird, I've had zero lag on 360, yet couldn't deal with it on ps3. Maybe it's the manufacturing process, some disk are good, some are bad?
Yeah, it could be.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having the same issue and its very frustrating, I'm planning on taking it back for a new disc to see if anything is solved.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Banned

PS3 has always had that lag issue on NCAA. I've heard 360 runs smoother because it has its own Microsoft servers, but of course ps3 is free online so.......

Swag+Magnificent+Ancient = SwagnifAncient

Message sponsored iPhone and TapaTalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
Rookie

pasted from another thread

It does look rough this year. The one I like was 11 as far as looks on PS3.
Many reasons to this first of all.

1) It is a port and cant be its own PS3 hardware game.
a) One reason this is is because Microsoft has a clause in every third party game that no extra enhancement that other hardware can use cant be used if not used in their games (THIS IS A REAL CLAUSE.) SOME DEVELOPERS HAVE MADE OPEN REMARKS ON HOW THIS HAS HURT THIS GEN OF GAMING MAJORLY. So thus is a different kind of lighting works fantastic on the PS3, they cant use it. They have to use the same. So yes we have dumb down this gen (over used saying) but actually true.

2) The game does look a tad off on both system to be honest. But more so on PS3. I think alot of this has to do with the new lighting. While the 360's limited but does have a few good features, one is lighting. SO right then you should have known every third party game this gen was going to over light effect everything (You dont win races without giving the thirds some side incentive (Microsoft does bizz a different way.) The PS3 also does some dynamic lighting but ussing the hardware COMPLETELY different, ala Micrososft CLAUSE!

3) For some reason instead of just fixing game play and presentation, they went after new odd stuff in lighting and effects and stuff???

4) THEIR IS NO WAY YOU CAN JUDGE NEXT GEN AFTER THIS ON WHAT SYSTEM TO BUY. AFTER WHAT BS HAPPENED THIS GEN, YOU KNOW SONY WILL MAKE A MORE PROGRAMER FRIENDLY SYSTEM THAT IS ULTRA POWERFUL. THEY HEAR YOU ME AND EVERYONE. AND THEY WILL RESPOND WITH THEIR PS4 TARGETING ALL THOSE CRITICISMS. In fact I almost have to guess the critacism will make the PS4 so much better then it would of been if it just breezed threw this gen with people ussing its hardware right.

I kinda had a feeling this was gonna happen, I sensed a lot of odd 3rd party moment and new gadgets from a lot of thirds, just like we saw the first few years. What we call the hinder gaming gadgets.

So your choice should be off that because the state of how good things will depend on who follows what. Future is the players choice really not the companies. When you understand that (sadly 20somes never do, and teens have no clue) we would see some great gaming.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljpitts83
pasted from another thread

It does look rough this year. The one I like was 11 as far as looks on PS3.
Many reasons to this first of all.

1) It is a port and cant be its own PS3 hardware game.
a) One reason this is is because Microsoft has a clause in every third party game that no extra enhancement that other hardware can use cant be used if not used in their games (THIS IS A REAL CLAUSE.) SOME DEVELOPERS HAVE MADE OPEN REMARKS ON HOW THIS HAS HURT THIS GEN OF GAMING MAJORLY. So thus is a different kind of lighting works fantastic on the PS3, they cant use it. They have to use the same. So yes we have dumb down this gen (over used saying) but actually true.

2) The game does look a tad off on both system to be honest. But more so on PS3. I think alot of this has to do with the new lighting. While the 360's limited but does have a few good features, one is lighting. SO right then you should have known every third party game this gen was going to over light effect everything (You dont win races without giving the thirds some side incentive (Microsoft does bizz a different way.) The PS3 also does some dynamic lighting but ussing the hardware COMPLETELY different, ala Micrososft CLAUSE!

3) For some reason instead of just fixing game play and presentation, they went after new odd stuff in lighting and effects and stuff???

4) THEIR IS NO WAY YOU CAN JUDGE NEXT GEN AFTER THIS ON WHAT SYSTEM TO BUY. AFTER WHAT BS HAPPENED THIS GEN, YOU KNOW SONY WILL MAKE A MORE PROGRAMER FRIENDLY SYSTEM THAT IS ULTRA POWERFUL. THEY HEAR YOU ME AND EVERYONE. AND THEY WILL RESPOND WITH THEIR PS4 TARGETING ALL THOSE CRITICISMS. In fact I almost have to guess the critacism will make the PS4 so much better then it would of been if it just breezed threw this gen with people ussing its hardware right.

I kinda had a feeling this was gonna happen, I sensed a lot of odd 3rd party moment and new gadgets from a lot of thirds, just like we saw the first few years. What we call the hinder gaming gadgets.

So your choice should be off that because the state of how good things will depend on who follows what. Future is the players choice really not the companies. When you understand that (sadly 20somes never do, and teens have no clue) we would see some great gaming.
Yea am sure that xbox is the one holding the gun here...LOL This sounds like it was pasted from a sony fanboy site
Old 07-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
Rookie

pr3ston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprisoned
I got NCAA 13 on the ps3 at midnight last night. After I got home and popped it in the ps3 and tried playing a game I couldn't get past the lag in the game play.

When my WR would catch a pass they would hesitate during the catching motion almost to the point where it seemed like they froze for a split second. Also when getting back to there feet after a tackle it was the same issue.

I also had these hesitations handing off to my HB while trying to break the line for the gain. I noticed these issue in the demo as well, I just wrote it off then as being an unpolished product.

I was lucky enough to get my local GS to exchange my ps3 copy for a 360 copy of the game since I hadn't yet used the online pass code.

The game runs flawless on the 360 for me, haven't seen any lag in the game play at all. My question for you guys, do any of you guys on ps3 have this issue also, or is it just my ps3 messing up?

I really wanted to play on the ps3 for the fact I've been in a league with the same guys since the online dynasty started in 09 I believe it was. I tried restoring my ps3 but it did nothing to improve my issues.
I had the same problem. checked for a system update, updated, and now running smooth!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »